What detector are you using in Trinity Ca?

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I found a Gold Bug 2 with a 10" coil at a pawn shop for a great deal. I have gone out prospecting with my Whites V3i in the Trinity Wilderness. I never had any luck due to the hot rocks. The V3i would often simply go into overload with the hot rocks. Before I plan too much of a trip, what detector is being used any the Trinity Wilderness? I have played a little with the Goldbug 2 and it does well on filtering out some hot rocks that I have collected.

Upvote 0

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That Gold Bug 2 is a beast! Yes it will take time to learn and you will certainly hear some hot rocks with it, but it is a gold finder for sure... Trinity Co. or wherever it is used.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You've got two good VLF's, now its time to invest in a good mid range PI;
*SDC2300
*ATX
*TDI SL or Sierra Pulse Pro (pretty much the same machine for prospecting)

One more thing, I'd get the shooter coil for that GB2.........Good Luck!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Nokta FORS Gold will handle those hot rocks perfectly. :)

We have a ton of hot rocks over here by Redding and the great thing about the FORS Gold is that you don't have to hear the hot rocks unless you want to.
The factory settings were made for heavily mineralized soils and hot rocks.

With my Gold Bug 2 I found it easy to enough to discern hot rocks from good targets.
She can get chatty in highly mineralized soil.
There is no VDI on the GB2 so you cant get an idea of what your target is first before digging it.

I havnt had a chance to get out that way yet, what general part of Trinity are you hunting? If its relatively close to Shasta County then hit me up some time so we can hunt together.
I have the FORS Gold and will gladly let you give it a try. :)

OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Humboldt, so I try to plan a day trip. I used to live in Willow Creek and that made prospecting a little easier. If weather permits I might try a quick trip Thursday.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ol'school GB2 or Tesoro Lobo Supertraq work best for me here in trinity/shasta county. With gold units one mans pain is yet anothers' pleasure-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread