Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never have, I would call the air port though and the air port that you will be landing at.
They should be able to let you know just fine

If you are worried but have time, ship it to your cousin. :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I just landed from a flight- checked it through.

I broke my detector down, a Garrett GTI 2500, and packed it inside my soft sided check thru luggage. I packed socks and underwear along with T-shirts and such around the delicate parts.

Also brought my Lesch digger, pouch, Pin Pointer, collection bag, knee pads and cordless headphones.

Everything came through just fine.

OP
OP
infotraker

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the input. I also will pack prospecting gear, pan, digging tools, pin pointer etc. there is also a running stream. I can take two free bags so may use one for the prospecting gear.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just landed from a flight- checked it through.

I broke my detector down, a Garrett GTI 2500, and packed it inside my soft sided check thru luggage. I packed socks and underwear along with T-shirts and such around the delicate parts.

Also brought my Lesch digger, pouch, Pin Pointer, collection bag, knee pads and cordless headphones.

Everything came through just fine.

Did you just return from the lost Critters Island?

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you just return from the lost Critters Island?

Naw, nothing so exotic- I'm going to steal gold from the beach that belongs to dieselRam94 this weekend.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure when Packing that You Can Put the Batteries in and Turn it on And it will Function Chug I remember this From a Previous Post Chug

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stuck the handle of my Excal in baggage and the main unit, coil and battery were in my carry on to the Virgin Islands - No problems. The airlines are worried about certain type's of batteries, my Minelab battery did not fit that category.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a trip from New Jersey to California over the Winter I was able to pack two metal detectors, a 7" wide sluice, small shovel, hip waders, a few classifiers and pans, and various other stuff inside or alongside nested 5 gallon buckets that fit in a large duffle, and I was just under the airline's requirements for a checked back (under 50 pounds, under certain dimension measurements).

Like others, I had to break down the detectors (they run on AA and 9V batteries) and I wrapped them in bubble wrap. I took the flair off the sluice, and then tucked that and the bubble wrapped detectors inside the 5 gallon buckets. Then I tucked the softer other stuff (gloves, ziplock bags for bringing concentrate home, waders, hat) around the other stuff. The classifiers and pans nest pretty well, though I think I finally had to start sacrificing classifiers because they just wouldn't fit.

You can do it!

reg11756

Feb 4, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites SURF PI; MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I packed MXT and GMT in a carry on backpack to Alaska both ways. Only put digging tools in checked bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread