104 degrees, hobos, rakes, gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Well it definetly was a warm one today. Only got down in the 70' s last nite. So we got out early to see about getting some gold and maybe catch the hobos on our property sleepin.
Unfortunatly the hobos multiplied in last week. Now there is 3 different camps right in the middle of our pocket diggins. All the hobos were up and gone except for one. I yelled at him to get the flying fluck of my property. He let out some sorta screams and hollers like some of those calls on that bigfoot show. I think he might have had to much angel dust. Long story short, cops have been there 4 times now to remove them, but they just come back next day. Also if you live near redding and your missin your bicycle , the hobos probably took it. Bike theft is a huge problem in redding right now, according to cops.
Now onto the gold. Went to one of our still cleaning up places. Its near the truck, so always have ice cold drinks. We have alot of area still to clean out. There is mounds amongst the diggins that have a bush or tree or two growing on them. So there is several inches of pine branches and needles on them. So today we took our plastic lawn rakes and raked down to the dirt level to see what we got. These mounds were never detected before though.
Some of these mounds are right where a pocket was formed and the ground is xtremly mineralized. And some of the gold is very rough. Managed to find 10 pcs with Fors Gold . Some at good depths. And the rice lookin piece of gold at left of dime with my partners gpx 5000 and camo coiltek elite at 8". My partner did very well with her gb pro and nel coil and gpx. It was about a tie. Still have many mounds left. But the hobo problem is such a pain right now. I dont know if any are criminals or what. Usually I worry about my female partner getting jumped if we are seperated. But actually the hobos should worry about her and her sig saurer 40. I never seen her miss anything she has ever shot at with that thing. I havent been carrying around my 45 cal. Just my sog seal team elite knife. But might have to start packin. Ive lived here my whole life and just not wanting to accept that the local world around me is now bad. And now i have to carry my gun everywhere.
Anyways gold weight was 1.9 dwt.
Better raking for gold then raking the lawn.
Good luck!

Attachments

• 1433737168876.jpg
    1433737168876.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like the yard work paid off. Beautiful pieces.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn fine shine . :icon_thumright: Near the truck is good . I sorely wish I
had some ground near the truck .

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very beautiful gold again!
I am sorry that you have to deal with those trespassers and the trash they leave behind.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW they're back again for gods sake. Got my last batch thrown off for filth, rangers made'm clean it up prior to leaving hahahaha. My camp next to the house still clean from raid #3. I'll make the call and see if I can't get'm out there again, wonder how many tons this time of garbage. Too hot to believe and humidity bad and you still went out in the ...kudos CG/GR as your gold is great but dangerous situation here in Shasta county and many others also-John

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sad to hear your being taken over by hobos. Same story along the outskirts of Yreka. Hopefully the COPS can get them out some how before it turns violent. Very troubling reality we live in man. As always nice gold and job well done. Only got out for about 3 hrs this past weekend but may camp out and get 2 days of detecting next weekend.

Until next time - leave some gold for the rest of us and kick some hobo arse!!!
AjR

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You fellars need to rent a propane bird cannon for a week or so, guaranteed to clear out your problem. Cops don't seem to scare em off, however a cannon going off every couple hours all night will. At first it will scare the sh-t out of them then it just becomes flat irritating! Word will get out quick that ya can't get a good nights sleep and they're outta there. Great fun!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe I should be a hobo and come out and camp on your land to get your gold. I will clean up after myself....promise..8-)

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You fellars need to rent a propane bird cannon for a week or so, guaranteed to clear out your problem. Cops don't seem to scare em off, however a cannon going off every couple hours all night will. At first it will scare the sh-t out of them then it just becomes flat irritating! Word will get out quick that ya can't get a good nights sleep and they're outta there. Great fun!

I like that idea! If that don't work, maybe a few dozen big black Scorpions will do the trick.

Frank

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure youd want to be out there this time of year. Its hotter then hell.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really enjoyed your story about the gold hunting. That sounds like a great little spot you've got there.

Sorry about your problem with the hobos; that sounds like a serious zero on the fun scale.

Nice finds, and thanks for the picture.

All the best,

Lanny

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually I worry about my female partner getting jumped if we are seperated.
But actually the hobos should worry about her and her sig saurer 40.

Now that is a wonderful thing to hear :hello2:
I would love to see some idiot come up to her out in the boonies and get that 40 pointed them.

Knowing what the thought of gold does to a person, when you are out by yourself with some gold on you, who knows what some stranger is going to do?
A few homeless strangers who think it's an easy picking off someone who is by themselves.......let alone a female.
"oh wait, Hold that thought, before you all gang up on me and take all my personal stuff or worse, let me make a call to the authorities. they should be out here within 40 or so minutes to save me"................"Darn - no cell service" :BangHead:

on another note....
Why aren't the Greenies fighting to get the Hobo's out of the forest?

Very pretty gold. Congrats!!

Last edited:

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that idea! If that don't work, maybe a few dozen big black Scorpions will do the trick. Frank

Know any Snake Wranglers up there?
Just walk thru their camp and drop off a bag of angry rattlers....wooohooo!!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Greenies and LEO's only focus on the easy targets; tax paying family men just trying to enjoy the outdoors. The mentally ill substance abusing pumpkin heads living in the bushes are too "smelly and frightening" for them to interact with. Besides, hobos don't have any money to pay fines.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish I had a place to borrow a few rattle tails to leave at the hobo camps. Lol

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple years ago I was prospecting and camped on the Kern river and the first night some stuff was stolen from my cooler. Come to find out some vagabonds were just down stream from me and dug in deep. I had a nearly empty bottle of Jack that I topped off with piss and put into the ice chest before bed that night. When I checked the next morning........ it was gone.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple years ago I was prospecting and camped on the Kern river and the first night some stuff was stolen from my cooler. Come to find out some vagabonds were just down stream from me and dug in deep. I had a nearly empty bottle of Jack that I topped off with piss and put into the ice chest before bed that night. When I checked the next morning........ it was gone.

That is Great! lol

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on gloves and rubbed a 6 pak of beer in poison oak ,put into a paper bag, left in the cooler at night and by the afternoon they were gone :occasion14: As ye sow...so shall ye reap...lousy thieving creeps....John

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had someone tell me (club meeting) that planting a booze bottle full of piss in the cooler was rough and insensitive but I'm just playing along with the game they started. Old timers in the mining camps took steal'n real seriously with punishment harsh and justice swift; forfeit of claims, tar and feathered, an ear cut off, whipped, shot or stretched. Lucky was a crook that "only" got beat and run out of town

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
on another note....
Why aren't the Greenies fighting to get the Hobo's out of the forest?

The homeless getting tossed out of the woods makes for bad press,
not to mention that most homelessness is generally considered to
be a social issue.

Sooner or later the greenies will have to deal with that issue (maybe
sooner so's they'll get off our asses), but rest assured when they
do it's going to cost each and every one of us.

The Eco-extremists will rationalize to the counties/state that the
homeless will have to be moved out of the forests, and the socially
correct thing to do is to provide them places to live, paid for in full by
the American taxpayer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread