Pinpointer for the grizzly reject pile

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive used many many pinpointers, the Nokta pinpointer has been the best. It will find gold so small that it doesnt even register. It is also waterproof underwater. If your talking gravel piles or dredge tailings outside of the water, use a detector. Will find gold as small and covers more ground. Good luck

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainly it's for checking the pile I just made behind the fluid bed. The grizzly is classifying at 1/8" so there's a chance I might dump something I'd want to keep. I deal with flour for the most part, and a nugget would be winning the lottery. I may also encounter copper and silver float that I would want to keep.

Currently I'm looking at Garrett's carrot. (AT model)

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any of them will find gold, silver or copper, as long as you get it close. Waterproof is a good idea. A little led light (many have this) is also helpful, so you know it is on. You can run them sideways to test a wide swath of gravel and if you get a hit, turn it upright to pinpoint from the top (ie. the sides of the pinpointer are also sensitive). Good luck wit your nugget lotto...

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt Nemo,
I have often wondered just what I was throwing out in the classification pile that is, if there were anything larger that was worthwhile keeping then it would be in the larger dump pile. I tested this once and found a nice piece of gold (still small but it would not go through my 0.062" classification screen) so it can and does happen.

I've used my White's GMT to detect a spot on a gravel bar that had no signal. I then dumped my 5 Gallon bucket of sample on that spot and detected it, a no beep signal kept me from wasting time working the material any further. Best of success ....63bkpkr

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Carrot, and it's pretty hot - big signal. I have to de-tune it to narrow down the signal. I'd thought just x-ing the signal would center it, but after learning how to de-tune (hitting the power button quickly), I'd find what I thought was the signal was inches off. I'm thinking the coins I was chasing were tilted in the ground projecting the signal out.

I'm on the North slope of a mountain which bears gold, a nugget found in a creek less than two miles down the road, and I've panned my streams a number of times and nothing but black sand. I've been thinking about using the Carrot in my streams, and your post certainly assures I will!

Thanks for posting the question!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread