khz,s for gold

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14-19kHz is on the money for 0.3-gram and above pickers and nuggets at moderate depth

50-72kHz is really good for super small gold at shallow depths

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMHO - There are also multi frequency detectors. The kHz is not the only consideration when thinking about a detector and a bit overrated.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running multi freq is not good for nugget hunting however, if you can pick a specific freq turning others on and off to check before digging now that's something cool Alas the V3I. But like a carpenter or mechanic you should use the tool specifically designed for the job it usually will get the job done better. Not to say others wont do but its like using a SAE wrench on a Metric bolt you can get it to work but its gonna be sloppy and might make things harder in the end.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
14-19kHz is on the money for 0.3-gram and above pickers and nuggets at moderate depth

50-72kHz is really good for super small gold at shallow depths

I'll stay with the 15-21 kHz range..... I don't have the patience for that tiny stuff when detecting.
I get the tiny stuff when I beach mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread