Volcanic nuggets
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Volcanic nuggets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector

Volcanic nuggets

After watching a few videos and hearing many stories of volcanic nuggets am thinking of giving it a try ..Any thoughts on what detector to use ?? What i seen and heard the nuggets are in the 5 oz to kilo size i guess 1 oz would be small size . The depth with there $100 detector was about 6" to 12" what i seen . In some areas where am at high freq VLF are worthless due to iron in the soil .. Am guessing the machines they are using look to be VLF in the 5 to 10 khz range with 8" coils ... Any thoughts would be helpful

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7265 times
    Metal Detecting
    What are volcanic nuggets?

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector
    What i seen in one video its what they called a gold nugget which came from a volcanic explosion 300 years ago. On the island am on they are rare but after watching some of these videos they might be common there many stories from the taal volcano area . I guess if your in the right area even with a kids detector you could find a large nugget ....On the island am on a guy found a kilo size nugget with no detector about 20 years ago
    Kray Gelder and Lanny in AB like this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7265 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow! Good luck!

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5312 times
    Prospecting
    Never heard of those nuggets, sounds interesting.

All the best,

Lanny
    tamrock likes this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector
    There a few videos on you tube that are really interesting looks like they are filmed in Philippines am guessing with its 7104 islands and many active volcano

us
    Jun 2009
    79 times
    Don’t believe everything you watch on YouTube!
    Kray Gelder and Toecutter like this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector
    The local stories on island am on are real , the Taal story i believe they were in the news and the you tube videos might of been faked you could be right or its possible they are real there is gold here and there millions of con artists so you never know for sure

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1445 times
    volcanic nugget of gold ?
    balderdash
    gunsil and Kray Gelder like this.
    read 'em and weep guys, we're whizzing on our feet
    Americans never want to go back to the way America used to be

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...merica-used-be

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1445 times
    some might not be familiar with the stratigraphic location of "balderdash"

in general terms (not really related to Dante's levels):
    smoke
    tripe
    balderdash (volcanic nuggets)
    steer manure
    whale excrement (bottom of the ocean)
    Kray Gelder likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12003 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    doesn't make sense geologically
    Kray Gelder and tamrock like this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector
    If it doesnt make sense geologically then were do these shallow big nuggets come from ?? There 23 active volcanoes here and hundreds of dead ones i just looked it up .. if a large nugget in soil less then 12" deep no were near bedrock it couldn't been there that long a time that soil what thousands of years old and these islands are less then 20 million years old not like places that are a billion years old like Alaska ...and if it fell from space i think it be a lot deeper ......
    Last edited by XLV; Sep 21, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

No No No! Let me explain. Molten metals DO come to the surface when magma moves. In a volcanic eruption, LIGHTER minerals get blasted out. 90% or more are silicon and oxygen with minor amounts of lithium, iron, titanium. These are extrusive igneous rocks.

Where the GOLD comes from are from the more secretive INTRUSIVE magma intrusions into the upper crust - that is, veins! The veins come in as molten solutions, mainly eons ago, then the rocks around them erode and the gold is left for us. Some hard rock mines have the gold still in place in the surrounding rocks.

Having ton sized gold nuggets (molten) fall from the sky would make the disaster movies much more fun!
    BillA, EARL51 and tamrock like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    . . . .

Having ton sized gold nuggets (molten) fall from the sky would make the disaster movies much more fun!
    heavy clouds, pregnant even

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    386 times
    Inspector
    Well Smokey in all the years i've been here i have never heard of anyone finding a vein of gold or any stories of large amounts ( tons ) of gold being found on the island am on .... ....but after listening to you and few other members i guess its possible that a vein could of been blasted out of the side of a volcano which could explain the few large nuggets being found on or near the surface ( Taal 90% of the volcano was blasted away ) ....So the point your trying to make is that gold is to heavy to be blasted from the core ....i guess the 20 ton rocks i seen flying threw the sky were from the surface .....one thing i seen they are found in area were no gold was ever found and once word gets out you have a Gold Rush thousands of miners who find nothing but gold dust on the bedrock with mercury ...I what to thank you smokey for clearing this matter up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links