Volcanic nuggets

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
After watching a few videos and hearing many stories of volcanic nuggets am thinking of giving it a try ..Any thoughts on what detector to use ?? What i seen and heard the nuggets are in the 5 oz to kilo size i guess 1 oz would be small size . The depth with there $100 detector was about 6" to 12" what i seen . In some areas where am at high freq VLF are worthless due to iron in the soil .. Am guessing the machines they are using look to be VLF in the 5 to 10 khz range with 8" coils ... Any thoughts would be helpful

Upvote 0
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
The Taal volcano rush was from +10 years ago the problem there is getting a metal detector on the boat ....2 women from UK were told to go there by there father and search.... you take a boat out in the crater lake to the center there a island ...the reason i know this is true because the philippine government wanted the nuggets back because they broke the laws here it was in the news here

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you share links to the videos you have watched

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the gold in golden beard vide3os is fake so, i wouldn't use them as reference for "volcanic nuggets"

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you goldwasher so the few videos i watched are fake ....so its fake tube like fake news since 911 whats this world just all BS FAKE videos fake nuggets fake planes what next ??? .....So Taal story the area could of had gold and area was just over looked and it came from the core not blasted out .... I guess i'll never know where the few in negros came from they totally make no sense to me and they are real ...goldwasher are surface or less then 12" deep large nuggets no bedrock possible ???

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
These fake and or stupid videos..... what do people make off them a few $ a month or is it a tourist scam to rent hotels and sell metal detectors and shovels ....I hope the makers of those nugget videos realize they will make many philippine children go hungry that right ......ive been to a few mining sites and these miners make less then $3 a day .....Your scams will cause more hardships for them

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These fake and or stupid videos..... what do people make off them a few $ a month or is it a tourist scam to rent hotels and sell metal detectors and shovels ....I hope the makers of those nugget videos realize they will make many philippine children go hungry that right ......ive been to a few mining sites and these miners make less then $3 a day .....Your scams will cause more hardships for them

That's just sad . . .

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Members am sorry for starting this thread i was hoodwinked ....I guess the internet search shadow bands and only show you what they want to .... ... i know i seen the taal story first on the internet and years latter in the local news ....the negros story was in the local news and tv about 6 to 7 years ago

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I compared this map of volcanoes in the Philippines PHILIPPINE MAP OF VOLCANOES - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY ...to a old US map of gold locations in the Philippines ...there so many volcanoes here but what i did notice the islands like bohol have neither gold or volcanoes ...Its possible that a area with lots of volcanoes increases the odds of gold but who knows for sure what i seen it seems that 10 -20 million years ago these volcanoes pushed the ocean floor up to the surface some 20,000 to 40,000 feet in some places you can see the layers of the ocean floor.... and all the vent materials i checked are low density like copper chloride ....I guess am just wasting my time because what i seen its all luck in finding gold here

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can drive 3 hours and be smack dab in the middle of all kinds of volcanic eruptions, one place of interest might be the 400-500 feet thick lava flows lol. I wonder if there's nuggets in them there flows ?

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I think they have to be thrown up in the air to be a volcanic nugget

edit: what am I (not) thinking - lava nuggets (the puffy ones)

Last edited:
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
After reading this ..https://www.goldrushnuggets.com/govousgetofi.html ...And learning there 6 types of eruptions i guess anything possible and i also notice on a earth time scale am at a very young place above water that has a 5 billion year old cover to it ...who really knows everyone has theories and just theories but most of the videos are fake or staged ...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
British Twins Finds Gold Nuggets and Other Treasures in Taal Lake, Batangas, Philippines - CitiesTips.com................ this is the only link i found and am not sure if its the same story about Taal because the video won't play but it proves shadow banding to me

just start researching areas where they are mining gold. then work on researching what they were finding locally.. hard rock? free milling? Placer etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mines_in_the_Philippines

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
The only mine here on the island am on is a open pit copper mine that was closed down in the 90s ...It far from the big nugget that was found ....I think its what smokey said or it got blasted out or its from outer space but i believe it was deposited there in the last couple of thousand years not millions or billions ...To me close to the surface in normal loose soil and the bedrock down a few feet and i watched miners dig many holes in this area

Augold

Jan 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only mine here on the island am on is a open pit copper mine that was closed down in the 90s ...It far from the big nugget that was found ....I think its what smokey said or it got blasted out or its from outer space but i believe it was deposited there in the last couple of thousand years not millions or billions ...To me close to the surface in normal loose soil and the bedrock down a few feet and i watched miners dig many holes in this area

What makes you think the golden beard media videos are fake? I am very sure I know where this is, as I have been there on duty with the New Zealand navy, and the place is Very well known for gold... And volcanoes.

Augold

Jan 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This volcano he is trying to find is formed on the continental fault line and has major previous gold mining activity elsewhere on the island, both North and South

Plus, don't go to Taal right now, it's erupting!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes you think the golden beard media videos are fake? I am very sure I know where this is, as I have been there on duty with the New Zealand navy, and the place is Very well known for gold... And volcanoes.

Because the gold shown in all the videos is obviously not real!?

Jcksnghst

Dec 16, 2021
Having ton sized gold nuggets (molten) fall from the sky would make the disaster movies much more fun!
Not quite a ton but I believe that this is volcanic.

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_160132843.jpg
    IMG_20211024_160132843.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211028_200917399.jpg
    IMG_20211028_200917399.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 34

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread