Ransburg calif.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty heavily claimed as far as I could tell.
I do know there is a LDMA claim, but I don't know if it still produces detector finds.

Maybe they offer a daily/weekly membership?

Hopefully someone local can chime in.
It's an interesting place. Highly recommend driving some of the arroyo's..there is some interesting history there. Don't forget to air your tires down if you get stuck in the sand.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my books references:

Goler Gulch
Benson Gulch
Last Chance Canyon
Summit Diggings

However I once made a trip there to explore for a few days..I wasn't really sure what was claimed and what was open.
Lots of mining camps at the time. I suppose you might have some luck if you were to befriend someone at one of those camps. Best thing would be to look into the LDMA as a back up plan. I want to say their claims were near the Summit Diggings...but it's been awhile.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Area mostly claimed up HOWEVER....... I would recommend trying to ask permission and I know, not always easy to access the claim owner(s). Some don't care so long as your just "swinging through" and not moving dirt. Stop by the Owl Saloon (Atolia) and the Randsburg store / soda fountain and ask around.

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i belong to the prospector,s club of southern california and they have 3 claims there.their dues are due every jan.also gpaa has some,there is also blm land.mybe go to the blm office in ridgrcrest.i was out there yesterday,great weather.also my club will be have a 3 day outting dec 13-15 in barstow.
good luck brad

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum, and good luck when you get out there to chase some of that sassy gold!

All the best,

Lanny

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use "Land matters" map section. Alot of info there like historic areas of mining. You click on a section, and you can see mining claims(unfortunately you can't see the boundaries of those claims) and that's just the parts of this site that I've used. I'm sure someone else can speak to parts I have not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread