leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
really nice weather for some beeping. took the new gm 1000 out for its trial run.
started in a big wash known for small bits and lots of lead bird shot.
after 2 hours i had the 2 smallest ones in the pic. i was using auto 1, seems like it works well.
sounded much better/louder in manual.
i prospected around a bit and found a tributary full of lead, no gold.
kept moving and found another small tributary, this one looked good. looks like
it was worked hard by the old timers. almost all bed rock with very little dirt and a bits of ironstone.
first signal was the biggest bit, it was loud. found the rest in the next few minutes.
good part is there is about 100 feet more of the wash to hit next time i go out.
total weight for all 8 is only 4 grains but i was having a good time digging them up.
im sure i could have found these with the gold bug 2 as i have found smaller with it
and i am used to manual ground balance, i like to run the gb2 a bit hot.

it should start cooling down enough in the next few weeks for the green mojave to start there hibernation.
i dont mind the diamondbacks, but them green mojave will chase you down.
they will get your adrenaline pumping fast.
there seems to be a lot of them in that nugget patch/area.
then ill take the 5000 out to try to get some bigger chunky nuggets.

Attachments

• 20201106_132110 (2).jpg
    20201106_132110 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, glad your enjoying the Gold Monster...4 grams is more than I found here in Fla.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt! I agree with you on the greenies. They have attitude!:occasion14:

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice hunt! I wouldn't know what to do without the Monster...my go to machine for most of my junky areas....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a great machine, and congratulations on your sweet finds.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
made it out yesterday, still pulling mesquite thorns and catclaw out of my hands this morning.
seems like i dont find any gold unless i shed some blood.
but i did clean out that small tributary. the gold did not go up much farther than where
i left off. the 4 bits were detected and the dust was from doing a bit of vacuuming.
11 grains for the day. might have to take a closer look at the quartz vein in that ravine.

Attachments

• 20201009_041217.jpg
    20201009_041217.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 69

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're on fire!

Keep it up, and all the best,

Lanny

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet finds.

Are you working a club claim or private?

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i work a combination of club claims and open ground. these were from
a roadrunner claim. i saw your post over on the gold prospecting forum about the club.
i was going to respond to it there, but i guess i will here.
its my opinion that road runners is the best, but also the most expensive club in the state.
they have 280 or so claims that all have gold on them. the only ones i have not been on is the ones up in rye.
many new nugget hunters are disappointed and frustrated with the trash and bullets and quit or move on.
be glad to dig the trash as that means the area is not worked out.
also try to dig as many targets as you can in a day. that means getting really fast with target recovery.
im over 100 to 150 a day on shalow bed rock. most, can only get 6 to 10 an hour. also pack the trash out of the wash,
nothing worse than finding a nugget and then redetecting the wash and redigging that same trash.
one thing about the road runners is a lot of the membership is older retired guys that can't or won't hike in
a ways, that might not be a bad thing. dont want anyone over doing it and having a heart attack or getting hurt.
or they find out that digging up a wash is alot of work. also most people wont go stomping through the cat claw and
mesquite thorns, i have found some nice bits in some nasty places that should have been picked up years ago.
i found a few nuggets many years ago on the vulture claims. im sure theres still some left out there.
i might have to take a day trip.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice little write-up on how you go about finding your gold, always something more to learn, thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent gold! That monster sure is impressive. I can't agree with you more on packing your trash targets out. I was at a spot yesterday that was hammered recently...dig holes galore, none filled back in and all the trash targets were laying right next to the holes they came out of. This is very frustrating. Its not that hard to have good detecting etiquette

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Back when I was in a club here in Misery (:laughing7:) I made it a point (BEFORE we started anything) we would do a police call in the area we were going to be at and then we would hang the bag's of trash up were we were going to work and have 1 or 2 bags hung close to where we had our fire and lunch. It was real handy when someone would walk into our camp and start grumbling about destroying mother nature and then any of our club member's would have todo was point at the bags of trash that were hung up and they could say, "Here's what we picked up today from your friend's ! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO HELP THE ENVIROMENT ? They usually shut up and leave !:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions