Metal Detector Carry Bags

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of these free bags are provided by the manufacturer and not the place where you bought it. I don't use them.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just the first couple months,when i was a newbie

recoiljunky

Jun 10, 2007
Dothan, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Excal II
I'm a newbie and I'm still using mine. Sure, it can't provide too much protection but every little bit helps. Besides, it could keep some thief from recognizing an expensive target.

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
As of right now I don't use any bags, but that is soon to change. As I amass more machines, more coils for these machines, more batteries for each machine, etc. it really would be nice to keep everything seperate. When I go all I need to do is pick up the appropriate bag(s) for that day and everything is inclusive that I will need. It will also offer the machines and the accessories more protection.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I use a carry bag, not only to protect the detector, but so that people can't tell what I'm carrying. They most likely assume it's a sports bag or some such.

When I was a teen in the 70's, I'd walk to my local old park with my Coinmaster and headphones out in the open, and I liked the attention that I got as people noticed me carrying this strange electronic thing. 8)

Now I'm just the opposite. I don't even want the bag to have any writing of interest on it. Just some guy carrying some boring bag. :sleepy2:

One downside is that you do have to put the bag somewhere when you are detecting, if you didn't drive up in a car.

Jay

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
I like to walk through parks and places carrying a large unmarked bag. People think I'm the guy from the movie "Falling Down" :o

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
I keep mine in a bag just in case the State Park people go snooping around my 4runner... Don't need EXTRA hassles

PLL

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm really surprised, I really didn't think people used them.

I figured it was more of a gimmick to get you to buy. Maybe I'll have to start using mine and see if I like it.

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II
I use my bags for protection and to keep my equipment organized. I find that, if I bag each one separately, it is much easier to grab the detector(s) I plan to use along with accessories.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I also have my spare coils and lower rods in a Bat bag. Easy to grab and throw over the shoulder when walking out into the woods or fields.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I havn't found one that My detector & WOT Coil will fit in
Without Breaking my Detector down no.

I Even bought & Tried a Hunters Bow Bag

Just sits here Folded up.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol I don't have a bag to use at this point but hopefully sometime I will get one. I would like someplace to put all of the stuff so I don't have a tangled pile behind the seat of my pickup. lol

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Because I havn't found one that My detector & WOT Coil will fit in
Without Breaking my Detector down no.

I Even bought & Tried a Hunters Bow Bag

Just sits here Folded up.

I found a plastic Wal Mart container that I put mine in. I placed padding in it and it works great.

Burdie

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
yes.

I leave them in the locked tool box on the bed of my truck.
It protects them well..........see ya mark

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i use the minelab bag that came with my SE all the time. i live in an apartment and it comes in handy to schlep all my gear from the house to the car and back. the minelab bag is a hunk of crap though, the zipper sucks and the handles are positioned in the wrong spot so the bag doesnt balance properly when you pick it up. im looking for something better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread