WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Because I havn't found one that My detector & WOT Coil will fit in
Without Breaking my Detector down no.

I Even bought & Tried a Hunters Bow Bag

Just sits here Folded up.

I carry three of mine in those hard plastic gun cases and one in a baseball bat bag. After I broke a lower shaft in the back of the truck a bunch of years ago, just started using them. You can buy some nice cases at places such as Big 5 Sprting goods for $20 on sale. It is a lot cheaper than trashing one of my machines.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Saturna of the North Pole said:
I use a carry bag, not only to protect the detector, but so that people can't tell what I'm carrying. They most likely assume it's a sports bag or some such.

When I was a teen in the 70's, I'd walk to my local old park with my Coinmaster and headphones out in the open, and I liked the attention that I got as people noticed me carrying this strange electronic thing. 8)

Now I'm just the opposite. I don't even want the bag to have any writing of interest on it. Just some guy carrying some boring bag. :sleepy2:

One downside is that you do have to put the bag somewhere when you are detecting, if you didn't drive up in a car.

Jay

What type bag? I have to mountain bike into my sites and I dont want people seeing that im carrying a metal detecto so I break it down and put it into a school bag and assemble it at the site. Then I just carry the empty backpack on my back and cant even tell its there. A gym bag would be a PITA i'd suggest a small hiking bag with 2 straps to carry on your back.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I wish a manufactorer would make a backpack with a foam insert to carry the detector in for us guys who have to hike into spots and dont feel like carrying a gun style bag. Im thinking something along the lines of a medium softshell day pack with a foam insert like they use in hardcases so i can break it down, put it in and not worry about it bumping all around while im hiking to mountain biking into a site. Maybe even add a camal back in it. Gun style bags and duffle bags are too suspicous walking around with and a pain to carry. I got stopped by a cop once with my fisher bag he thought it was a rifle or bow, turned out after he seen it was my cz7a he owned a cz5 and we chatted for awhile. ;D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a suitable back pack type of bag, you can get foam and cut it out to fit your equipment yourself. Years ago I used to use old empty firstaid kits with custom foam inserts to carry radio equipment. This was before Pelikan cases and such. 1/2" closed cell type foam can be had from craft stores and places that ship packages. It's pretty good to keep those pokey things in check.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Closed cell foam is great but has to be cut to the shape.
Open cell foam adapts better but does not offer the same protection.

I use the one from Whites 'cause I never got one when I bought mine.
My son got one with his and got a bat bag and gave me his.

I like to keep all stuff in same place.

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
i use mine to keep everything together. i painted mine.

Attachments

• detectorbag1.jpg
    detectorbag1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 481

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
No, I don't use, because I haven't got one. I've been thinking of buying one, though. It would be nice to put dirty detector into a bag before throwing it into the backseat of my truck. Ground is often kinda wet here in Finland, and that's why my detector is always covered in mud at the end of the day. :-\

I'm going to buy an E-Trac, so does it come with a carrybag or not? :icon_scratch:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use them. My favorite one is a paded keyboard case, it holds a lot of gear

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
I use my carry bag in the winter for storage but during the summer just use the rain cover to keep the dust off the main control

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I use a bat bag since I need to hike a bit to get to my spots. This Mizuno has straps that can be used like a backpack. The pocket for bats is full length, fits my small shovel, a hand digger and a small axe easily. The interior pocket fits my MXT well broken down at just the mid rod. Only draw back, I dont think you could get another coil in there. Has a pocket for baseball caps that fits the head phones perfect. Also a couple of zippered pockets for keys, cold ones, whatever...

http://www.gobros.com/cat/Mizuno-G2...erm=MIZ360109_blk&utm_campaign=bizrate.Mizuno

Mizuno should pay me royalities on this.... ;D

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I use my bag to keep everything together, but I really like the idea of a backpack. I have been thinking about looking for an over sized backpack to put everything in with a little room for other stuff.
As mentioned above, you could keep it on your back and not have to worry about someone coming and taking it.

I have to leave the other bag somewhere or else not take it which is a pain because if I want to switch coils I have to go back to the car.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The freebie give away ones are usually just a dust cover, not much padding or protection. My Fisher 1280X came with a hardcase that is great and offers a lot of protection. The only drawback is that you have to disassemble it to put it in the case. If I could find a really nice one with lots of zip up pockets and extrapadding around the electronics I would use it. Seems like there is never a place to keep a spare coil with your detector. Somebody get busy on making one to fit the bill and I will buy it! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread