Pocket Dumps

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am a newbie ( couple months ) with a DFX and just having a blast. I am still working fields close to home in our development. Since our development is young (15 years old ) I'm not expecting much of anything old though I have found some 1965 to 1967 quarters. Close but no silver yet. I did find my first pocket dump tonite which yielded couple of quarters, couple of dimes, one nickel and 4 pennies. Nothing old but found them between 3 and 4 inches. Man what a thrill. I just kept pulling out coins from the one hole. What a blast. It's like hitting pay dirt. I know most of you are beyond this thrill but I just wanted to share it with you.

Also, I had one of those hats with a build in LED light in the brim ( my best find on QVC last year ) and what a help that was digging my last holes, much brighter than the single LED on my Bullseye.

I'm gonna go look at my loot again, talk to you later.

Optic

Attachments

• 05-23-08_1931.jpg
    05-23-08_1931.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Opticman said:
I am a newbie ( couple months ) with a DFX and just having a blast. I am still working fields close to home in our development. Since our development is young (15 years old ) I'm not expecting much of anything old though I have found some 1965 to 1967 quarters. Close but no silver yet. I did find my first pocket dump tonite which yielded couple of quarters, couple of dimes, one nickel and 4 pennies. Nothing old but found them between 3 and 4 inches. Man what a thrill. I just kept pulling out coins from the one hole. What a blast. It's like hitting pay dirt. I know most of you are beyond this thrill but I just wanted to share it with you.

Also, I had one of those hats with a build in LED light in the brim ( my best find on QVC last year ) and what a help that was digging my last holes, much brighter than the single LED on my Bullseye.

I'm gonna go look at my loot again, talk to you later.

Optic
Man, it doesn't matter how long you've been hunting, nothing beats the thrill of pulling a coin out of a hole, rescanning and pulling out another coin, rescanning and pulling out another coin, etc. etc. It's a great feeling!

Keep digging, the silver's out there!! :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, what makes you think us old timers don't still get a thrill out of finding a dump.

Even though the area where you live was developed within 15 years, the land was there millions of years ago and there is no telling who dropped or buried something there many years ago. Besides I am looking to find Alien robot parts. You never know........ :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread