DFX

BassPro2

Jun 13, 2003
Northbridge
I just got a Whites DFX today , and being fairly new to metal detecting do you think this was a good choice? I had used my Fathers old Garrett before and had alot of fun with it and decided to get into it again for fun and to enjoy the outdoors. I watched the video that came with it, and it looks fairly simply in the preset mode for newbie's like me.I can't try it out because I live in Massachusetts and all it's been doing for the entire spring is raining. I forgot what the sun looks like. :evil:

Upvote 0

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detector BassPro2

On the bright side about your rain. Wet ground makes for the best detecting. You can detect deeper, and removal is easier.

OP
OP
BassPro2

BassPro2

Jun 13, 2003
Northbridge
Hey Thanks for all the info guy's . I did get out today for a half hour and came home with .76 cents one mercury head dime . I love this DFX. :D

D

dalef

I, too purchased a DFX recently. I had been using a Garrett GTI 2000. ( Still have it). I have only been out a few times with it and I like it a lot. I have been going to a beach and practicing. I dig almost all targets even if they indivcate trash and have found the IDing to be pretty accurate. Now if only those beach goers would drop some jewelry!

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
You do have beaches 40. Along every largeish river like the Red. I remember a couple of them from my preteen years in Manitoba. Only problem now is that I live in BC.lol Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions