Clad totals in your lifetime of detecting!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about the heading and said to myself, "Well, I ain't dead yet so I don't know for sure". :D Monty

P.S. I dug about $280.00 my first year detecting and didn't keep track after that . This is my fourth year and I have culled a little more than I did at first so I checked between 3 and 5 hundered which should be close? Monty

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a clue....

Been detecting since the early 80's. Clad wasn't saved or recorded, spent within a day or two....and frankly, my memory can't recall even the tip of the iceburg and I've also done different types of detecting...progressed more to relics than coins when the parks started kicking up less silver.

I let the newbies have the parks...I'm up for the challange of those out of the way places where finds are few and inbetween. I look for a quality find, not the quantity of my days take.

Al

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been digging since 1965, only kept records for a couple of years. Coinshooting has been a reliable addition to my paycheck. I try to dig every day when possible, and love digging clad, and consider this my exercise program. I've dug over $30 this month, get out there and dig! ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been at this since around 65 too and have no idea how much I collect. The fun for me is in the finding not the counting. I have many of the finds in pails marked with the year and that is that. I hardly take any out to sort for turning in to a bank as I just use the rolls as I need if I bothered to roll any.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You ever read about those stories of those old-timers who die and they need a dump truck to cart off the pennies and such in their basement?

Call it a life goal.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt clad coins purposly, and often I will discriminat out pennies if the site has too many. But if I dig them purposly or accidentally I'm not going to throw them away. I have thrown some zinc pennies out that are too deteriorated to go through the coin counting machine. Monty

OP
OP
B

benthecoinguy

Jul 9, 2005
I always dig pennies because I always dig so much crap that it's nice to get a few coins. Still in the learning stages of my Ace 250 and here in Canada a coin's metal composition is really tweaked. You can dig up coins on virtually every signal on the display. I have learned what tones are good ones though! It's awesome to see 5 people over the $6000 mark. Keep Hunting! Thanks for all the responses so far!

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Ive been detecting since 73 started in beaches parks and schoolyards and just never left, Bobbie started detecting in 2001 since then we average between 1000-1200 in clad a year. She typically finds more than me on day in day out basis.
hh
dave+bobbie

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know never counted .Any thing good i sell it unless the wife or girls want it .i don't hord any thing the clad coins roll it and take it to the bank and got paper for it .Never counted it. And at times just put it in my pocket . Uncle Sam makes me keep track of what i earn & spend to me that is to much to keep track of. i am not going to make my self keep track of my findes. I am not a book keeper......

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 208
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 210

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting a few years and I believe I have done quite . I know it have been around $4000 in the 20 years plus of detecting.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions