72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it out for about 30 minutes this evening, basically right out of the box. Found a wheatie and a small silver button!!! Not to bad for a quick search. Gonna have to get used to the pinpointing, definitely its gonna need some tweaks, but overall I'm really gonna like it.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Jealousy rains all over me. Especially if I go out tomorrow, according to the weather man.

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
I was like that 2 weeks ago. Only able to use it once for a short time. 1 wheaty and 1 silver dime.

Use it well, congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I took it out again this evening for about 30 minutes again. Figured I might have some luck......but, nope. Spent 20 of it looking for what turned out to be crumpled aluminum crap that I mispinpointed. :( Anyhow, gonna take some getting used to. I had actually changed a couple of settings that I don't think worked, so gonna go back to the stock setting again and tweak from there. 73 degrees is the forecast high for tomorrow, so me and Arkie are gonna go hit a spot hard. We'll see what happens.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Mine is pretty much stock. I havent changed anything but fast on and if the ground is real bad I will change that to difficult. I run at auto sens +2. The thing about pinpointing is funny. I dont like the pin point button. I dont use it much. When I get a signal I start to swing the coil and pull it back towards me. When the tone goes away I move up til it just starts to ping. Usually the target is right in the V in the front of the coil. Iron will sometimes be off but coins are usually right there. SMAN...

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SMan...I had it out for a few hours this weekend and learned quite a bit more. I think the thing with the pinpointing that I find hokey is I am digging in really trashy ground, so I have been pinpointing other targets, like nails, that might be in or near the good target. Its all coming around to me. I managed to dig 4 targets from one hole. Got a signal, dug, found part of a matchbox car, swept the hole again, got a different signal, found a piece of aluminum a little deeper, swept the hole again, still a signal, dug further and got a small brass rivet, swept the hole again, still got a signal, managed to dig some sort of pot metal lid. All the targets were from 2-6 inches deep. They of coarse all moved in where the pinpointing zeroed in on them, but all within the first hole more less. I really love the machine though, its balanced well and I have found that when it hits on a good target, its a good target (metal wise), no questions. Still playing and still learning. I changed to high trash, difficult, and 4 tones. I'll try that recovery fast next time out. I had the pinpoint on sizing for a bit, but didn't like it. I like the normal better. Anyhow thank for the suggestions. HH 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread