Whose really making the finds, you or your machine?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find it interesting that over on another forum everybody is saying that they would trade an X-terra 70 for the MXT. I'm convinced that it has a lot more do with what machine clicks for you, is the right combination of features for who you are, than anything else. I think, for the most part (with a few notable exceptions) the machines in about the same price point are equivalent in functionality, just have different ways of doing things that appeal to different people. What I would love to see is the comparisons that talk more to that than the usual mine can go deeper than yours or mine is faster than yours. I'm starting to realize that what everybody says about knowing your machine, bonding with the nuances of your machine is way more important than it being the lastest and greatest out there. Having modern technology doesn't hurt, but it does if you don't give yourself a chance to learn it. The machine is not doing the work of retrieval, you are !

Upvote 0

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always believed if you dont know your machine,it doesnt matter what you use. If you have a bounty hunter and your friend has a minelab. You know your machine backward and forward. Both of you go out and you are finding more than he does,that shows me hasnt taken the time to learn his machine. So you have the advantage and the experience to make the good finds. I have people tell me that it doesnt matter what machine I use that I do great in detecting! Plus one person goes a million miles an hour,while another takes his time and thus finds more most of the time. That same person may dig everything,while another sets his discrimination to high and hardly digs anything! Dont give up on a so called "hunted out park",you cant cover it all,there are different machines,coils,ground conditions,etc. Hope this helps,just my opinion ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Been outhunted by some with "lesser" machines, outhunted some with "better" machines.
Mediocrity becomes me.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray S ECenFL said:
It is a team effort. Me and my machine.

:o

Ray S

I find the places...the machine finds what is in the ground
I am one with my 6000Di Pro.....arummmmmmmmmm :icon_jokercolor:

Seriously tho...had a DFX and sold it after a year. Was much more comfortable with the 6000.

It's like a woman....The 6000 is aged....heavy, not so sleek looking...and we just fit perfectly together, getting in tune with each other as the years go on.

Seen a sexy DFX, sleek, lightweight, fancy clothes......had a year long affair.....but ended comming back home to the 6000.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread