Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Golly Gee Molly--everybody is talkin about that Fisher F75!

One year ago it was the biggest booger on the market and today some THers would almost trade their first born to get one.

Don't be looking for any super deals on used F75's these days. It ain't like last fall when you could have traded your worse hound dog for one.

Hey! Maybe we'll finally start seeing super deals on used Explorers! :thumbsup: Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I know I just got a super deal on an excellent Nautilus IIB :thumbsup:

It's funny how every now and then some machine is the hottie.

To be continued...

Have a nice day.

Badger

P.S. I predict the Fisher F75 and 70 will eventually revolutionize the metal detector industry.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I was just hunting in an old-town park in Oakland, CA next to an F75 user just a few weeks ago. This fellow is proficient in both the Explorer AND the F75. We compared a few signals, and it was apparent to us that the Explorer had superior TID at depth. This was based on his own listening in to what the explorer was showing. He struggled with his sens. settings, mused whether or not it was "due to over-head powerlines", etc..... To no avail.

I posted these observations on the Kinzli CA forum, and the debate took off "like wild-fire". Ardent F75 suporters said it was "only just that one site" or "perhaps the F75 wasn't adjusted right", or "it would beat the Exp. hands down in an iron-ridden site" etc... Who knows? Others agreed that they too had woomped F75 in side-by-side hunt competitions.

Just my observation. Go easy on me!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom_in_CA said:
I was just hunting in an old-town park in Oakland, CA next to an F75 user just a few weeks ago. This fellow is proficient in both the Explorer AND the F75. We compared a few signals, and it was apparent to us that the Explorer had superior TID at depth. This was based on his own listening in to what the explorer was showing. He struggled with his sens. settings, mused whether or not it was "due to over-head powerlines", etc..... To no avail.

I posted these observations on the Kinzli CA forum, and the debate took off "like wild-fire". Ardent F75 suporters said it was "only just that one site" or "perhaps the F75 wasn't adjusted right", or "it would beat the Exp. hands down in an iron-ridden site" etc... Who knows? Others agreed that they too had woomped F75 in side-by-side hunt competitions.

Just my observation. Go easy on me!

Good post. I hadn't seen that other thread.

The detector games continue. When it comes right down to it research and hard work are the real secrets.

Badger

RLOH

Dec 10, 2005
Badger, I have had both detectors and I currently have an Explorer 11. The F75 is a very good detector, but the interference problems eliminated too many of the places I hunt. I have no problems taking any Explorer to these places. The Explorer is the most ACCURATE detector at depths exceeding eight inches. It is slow, but I'm in no hurry. R.L.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
RLOH said:
Badger, I have had both detectors and I currently have an Explorer 11. The F75 is a very good detector, but the interference problems eliminated too many of the places I hunt. I have no problems taking any Explorer to these places. The Explorer is the most ACCURATE detector at depths exceeding eight inches. It is slow, but I'm in no hurry. R.L.

I was wondering about that.

Thanks for the post.

Badger

go-rebels

Feb 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
(ex-) Whites 5900, Silver Eagle, XLT
(ex-) ML Sovereign, Explorer XS, II, Etrac
(ex-) Garrett Ace 250
(ex-) Fisher F75
Fisher F75LTD
Fisher cZ-3D cert. by Tom D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RLOH said:

Hi RLOH,

Have you had any time with the E-trac? I've heard more than a few folks say that the Ex-II IDs better than the Etrac.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that there are many Fisher fans out there that haven't lost faith in the old days of Fisher. Like me. But I still cant decide if I want to go back the them. I'm still thinking about E-trac, but I have a few weeks to decide. Its either 100 or 150 Franklins, so I'm still analyzing.

I dont like the Fisher coil but I really don't know why. The coil bothers me for some reason. Are F75 sensitivity "problems" still an issue or is it just learning the settings? Any machine takes time to really learn regardless of the quality of the owner's manual. I like the lightness and battery life. The response speed is killer. Are the newer F75 machines better electrically? How's the overall quality? The mechanical packaging improvements seem good. Is Fisher becoming a better company now that the shake-out is over with? Will Fisher come out with a light, robust 8", 10", 12" or even bigger ROUND DD coil like the competition? Does anyone like the 6 elliptical coil? How about a nice 6" round DD? Where's the coils?? By the way, dictionary.com was used extensively in writing this. E-trac vs F75. Tough choice I think.

RLOH

Dec 10, 2005
Go Rebels, I have had two XS's and two Ex 11's. I have not been around any SE's or Etracs. I dig hardly any junk with my EX11 and if I do, I have a pretty good idea it might be junk. What I mean is, I dig many questionable, deep, one way signals. I also dig deep nickle area signals. Last year one of these signals was a 8 inch deep size 13 mans white gold wedding band. Last week, I got a right hand corner soft warble that I knew should be silver, but I only got the signal from one angle. If I had dug only repeatable signals, I would not have found the Barber dime. The sound of silver with an Explorer will stop you in your tracks. In my opinion, the tones are slightly more important than the display with an Explorer. The combination of the tones and display makes an EX 11 a very accurate coin detector.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
for those that would like the f-75 the t-2 is very similar, minus the price tag, i would think it would be hard to compare the f-75 and Exp. with the fast responce of the fisher and slow recovery and deeper id of the exp, sounds like different tools to me

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thompy said:
for those that would like the f-75 the t-2 is very similar, minus the price tag, i would think it would be hard to compare the f-75 and Exp. with the fast responce of the fisher and slow recovery and deeper id of the exp, sounds like different tools to me

Right, and too some are claiming the F70 is just as deep as the F75 only with fewer features.

The fast recovery feature on the Fishers isn't really new. The Chinese unit the GC1023 that several of us here use as backups are just as fast as the Fishers only not as deep. My 1023 is consistently good on coins at 6 inches deep with some finds reaching 8 inches. But I hear the Fisher F75 is more like an average of 8 inches with coin finds 10+ inches deep possible.

But again, the Chinese unit is $60 shipped and the F75 nearly $1000. Oh, and the 1023 comes with a 8 inch coil which is smaller than Fisher's. With the same size coil I'll bet the 1023 would match the F75 in depth.

China is now making the GC1023 with a 12 inch coil but so far no U.S. importers are importing them. Word has it it's because of our poor economy. Australia is importing them under another name and they are doing well there.

The Chinese have developed a mega fast recovery and super auto ground balance and they're starting to put them in some detectors. The GC1023 that sells retail shipped for $60 is one such model. I've laid coins out and no matter how fast I swing the little 1023 separates them. It's just like that F75 YouTube video on the F75.

The Fisher F75 is made in Mexico and I'll bet with an imported Chinese circuit board (just a guess).

Badger

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry ..MB.. But i don't think Fisher can make anything now that will take away Minelab's glory. It is really hard for any detector Co. to steal Minelab's glory....The only thing i can think of now that might , but i have never used one is ..White's TDI PI... I said Might..

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 890
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 891
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim_K said:
I am sorry ..MB.. But i don't think Fisher can make anything now that will take away Minelab's glory. It is really hard for any detector Co. to steal Minelab's glory....The only thing i can think of now that might , but i have never used one is ..White's TDI PI... I said Might..

Yes, but it's hard to find much online on the PI.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
Jim_K said:

Yes, but it's hard to find much online on the PI.
It's hard to find anything about the ..TDI PI.. But i think the F75 and E-Trac are over rated and over priced......

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 865
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 876

go-rebels

Feb 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
(ex-) Whites 5900, Silver Eagle, XLT
(ex-) ML Sovereign, Explorer XS, II, Etrac
(ex-) Garrett Ace 250
(ex-) Fisher F75
Fisher F75LTD
Fisher cZ-3D cert. by Tom D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RLOH said:
Go Rebels, I have had two XS's and two Ex 11's. I have not been around any SE's or Etracs. I dig hardly any junk with my EX11 and if I do, I have a pretty good idea it might be junk. What I mean is, I dig many questionable, deep, one way signals. I also dig deep nickle area signals. Last year one of these signals was a 8 inch deep size 13 mans white gold wedding band. Last week, I got a right hand corner soft warble that I knew should be silver, but I only got the signal from one angle. If I had dug only repeatable signals, I would not have found the Barber dime. The sound of silver with an Explorer will stop you in your tracks. In my opinion, the tones are slightly more important than the display with an Explorer. The combination of the tones and display makes an EX 11 a very accurate coin detector.

Agree, agree and agree.

The F75 also outputs good one way signals on deep silver and copper, and if set up in the 4-tone mode, provides that same sweet, smooth tone. Like the Ex-II, the F75 is best used by getting familiar with the target tone, rather than the display.

I had an Ex-II for a few years and very much liked the stability and tone quality of the good signals. The F75 is easier to carelessly set-up compared to the Ex-II, and if you don't take the time to learn the machine, it will snap, crackle and pop, driving you crazy. However when set up correctly (a little less than 100 "hot"), the depth will be phenomenal.

The Ex-II may still be the best TID detector on the market. I've heard a few guys say that the Ex-II targets better than the new E-trac, especially with iron.

I'd like to hear from users that have had both the Ex-II an Etrac comment.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
RLOH, I love how you say: "The sound of silver with an Explorer will stop you in your tracks" That iso true aint it? Almost makes you want to pass the wheaties, and only dig the silver coins when park hunting, eh? ;D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
See that MB just read what has been posted and see how we fool our self about these $1000.00 & $1500.00 detectors. But we spent the money now we have to believe................

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 865
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 877
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom_in_CA said:
RLOH, I love how you say: "The sound of silver with an Explorer will stop you in your tracks" That iso true aint it? Almost makes you want to pass the wheaties, and only dig the silver coins when park hunting, eh? ;D

Yep, I'd have to agree. I've tried most everything out there and nothing found silver better than Minelab.

I still recall the 1st time I took my Explorer XS to a vacant field and dug 7 or 8 dimes in less than an hour. I had totally combed that field with many of the top brands.

I'm more of a relic hunter but if all I wanted was silver I'd probably stay with the Explorer or Sovereign GT.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim_K said:
See that MB just read what has been posted and see how we fool our self about these $1000.00 & $1500.00 detectors. But we spent the money now we have to believe................

That is true.

If it doesn't cost a lot it can't be good.

Have you tried that little GC1023 yet? You can get it off Amazon.com for like $60 postpaid. It has one of the fastest recoveries made today plus an auto ground balance I think is the best I've ever used. The target tones are dead on down to about 6 inches deep.

But with its 8 inch coil its only good on coins and rings to about 8 inches max.

Warning! If you get one don't be surprised if your big dollar machines get neglected. ;D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
MB , Yes i got one and for the price it is a amazing detector. It makes a person wonder why do i pay so much for a detector. I don't pay that high price any more just for a bunch of bell's & whistle's that don't help me go any deeper i guess just makes me fell more ?? i don't know how about poorer if i spend a $1000.00 or more on a detector that a $100.00 one will do. But then i do not have the ...Bragging right's....

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim_K said:
MB , Yes i got one and for the price it is a amazing detector. It makes a person wonder why do i pay so much for a detector. I don't pay that high price any more just for a bunch of bell's & whistle's that don't help me go any deeper i guess just makes me fell more ?? i don't know how about poorer if i spend a $1000.00 or more on a detector that a $100.00 one will do. But then i do not have the ...Bragging right's....

Yes, I wonder about that too.

Can you believe they're selling the 1023 now for $60 postpaid? I mean auto ground balance--tones--and mega fast recovery!

I'd guess they cost the importer something like $18.80 each.

Ya, it sure does make one wonder. ???

The way the economy is going I think the pride thing will soon go down the tubes for most people.

Just this week alone another 50,000 jobs are announced as gone.

Over the past couple weeks I've sold off about $1200 worth of toys I don't need. I paid about twice that amount to get them.

I'm dumping everything I don't use anymore. Hard times like we've not seen are coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions