Help!

D

daisysummer99

I am new at this hobby and know that I have a ton to learn but.........I have Whites DFX and it seems like a ton of old farmstead iron. I live on a family farm that has several old homestead places from the 1860's. The only problem I keep incountering is I find so much junk iron! Everything from the iron edges of the old wagon wheels to square nails. I have found old indian head pennies and a liberty dime. I found this where an old one room school house use to be. My MD seems to be so sentsive, these I found 18 inches deep. I know that there is more here, but the aggrivation of getting through all the junk metal is driving me nuts! Anyone have any suggestions???
daisysummer99

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know much about the DFX, but they should have an "iron mask" or disriminate switch somewhere.
Why do you want to get rid of the iron? All the guys on here that dig iron think its real treasure, not junk.
Just invite some of them up to your place and tell them that the only thing they can dig is iron. Then all the quality targets can be yours and they will get some good old rusty relics. :P 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread