MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, :hello:

Friend of a friend lost a Tungsten Wending Band. I have an MXT and they want me to find it!! ??? I never looked for things for people before so any tips or any idea what a Tungsten Band will come in as? :dontknow: Lost on/at a festival road in the mud, grass and rain. :icon_scratch: :help: Please help me find this ring !! :help:

Thanks, :D
Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

Upvote 0

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD, any local stores that sell them? If so you might be able to check one out with your MXT to see what the tone and VDI is. Other than that, try getting in touch with Whites.

habs

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the DFX and when ever I find rings with it some will register +11 to +14 that is foil and small rings I have also had ring register up to +35 that is in the tab range. So when I want to find rings I dig all signals. So if Iwas you I would expect to dig all signals. Good luck......Matt

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mud,
I run an add to find lost rings and such and have a 100% recovery rate. First ascertain where the ring was actually lost say with 10 square yards. Then stake the area off so that you can run search lines that overlap not missing 1 square inch of ground..Second: Use the all metal mode and lower your sensitivity down to 1-2 notches. Third: Dont dig anything but surface targets. If it was just lost it lies hidden under the grass or a little dirt. Turn over the soil on every hit..no need to dig deep here..Last: Be sure not to miss any soil in that staked off area..If its not in that area move your hunt to the next block..If its there you WILL find it..Dont expect to hear any loud sounds it will be feint but prominate..Good Luck...

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yep !

Running a grid is the surest way of knowing you have covered ground.

I don't think I'd turn down sensitivity, though.... Just don't bother with probing deep at all.

(If you DO find it.... ask for permission to search the property afterwards!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions