Trash !

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, all I hope every one had a Great Holiday. Question do any of you pick up ( trash) on the Beach ? when you are walking on the beach, like water bottles tops Alum / Beer Cans / Foil. ? am I the only one who pick this stuff up ? its Just Look Like if it is Not - a - coin or a ring people Just don't pick it up.. what do you say. Thanks Coinfinder :dontknow: :( :(

Upvote 0

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from Panama City and the beach were I was at was exceptionally clean.

Except for the treasures I found there was no trash and two of the biggest clubs are right next to my condo.

That all changed the next couple of days when I decided to head for more beaches and went to the public beach access. I spent more time shuttling trash to the cans then I did detecting.

It was kind of sad with the trash cans right there and empty and trash just thrown around by them.

I do what I can but the city don't pay me. I decided to spend the rest of the vacation on the beach I pay condo fees for.

This is a perfect example of why people want to restrict beach access because no one wants a herd of pigs throwing trash everywhere.

It's not just the beach though, you can see the same thing in the parks. Before I can detect the tot lots I have to do a bottle, can, chip and condom wrapper sweep.

and everybody wonders why I wear a orange vest and hardhat :tongue3:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am out detecting I pick up all the trash that I find. I bring on everything that is metal, brass, copper and aluminum.....Matt

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Not all public beaches are like that. Matt and I went to Oscoda and Tawas public beaches to detect and they were very clean except for a few clad.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO I pick up others peoples trash? Well, yes and no.

I tend to pick up the trash when it is in my way - or will be. I don't normally wander a park or beach, however, with the sole purpose of extracting other peoples refuse. I know people are often horrid slobs and the reality is I cannot police them all. I am there for other purposes.

But, I can clean u p my little part of the world and THAT is what I tell all the rubberneckers who stop to ask what I'm up to. I always keep my trash pouch full, and will haul out handfuls of it for anyone who wonders, "Whatcha finding, mister?"
Few things keep people moving along like a paunchy old detectorist, leering over a grubby handful of pull tabs and EO's.
( I dont stand around gawking at the goodies I find, either. They go into an inner pocket, quickly. I can drool over them later.)

So, when you see me detecting in public places, you see a man who at least appears to be collecting trash.

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
When I hunt the beach I drag my sand scoop behind me to see where I have been and on the return route I move over just enough to stay in line with my old track and if there is trash in front of me I do pick it up but I will not zig zag to pick up others trash. I hunt only the wet sand, not much trash there.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
When I am out detecting I pick up all the trash that I find. I bring on everything that is metal, brass, copper and aluminum.....Matt

Same here; I carry plastic bags and fill them with the rubbish I dig. If I were to go around just cleaning for free, I would get no detecting done.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up what I dig, but lawn chairs are hard to fit in the pouch. I do make sure I pick up dangerous rusty sparkler wire and fish hooks for sure, but when I dig up cans and stuff I leave them for the paid Co. employees. I can only carry so much. Your right about the public areas compared to the ones with out car access to the beach.Some places they like to bury their trash even thought there's a can on almost every third parking post. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread