Waders Test Results

B

Big1011Guy

I'm back and all I can say is WOW, that is the best $40.00 investment I have made in a long time.
The Waders are Great!!!!!!!! I will never leave home without 'em!!!!! I stayed nice and dry and warm and actually Sweated a Few Pounds Off-I Hope.
I know all you Anti-Waders Individuals will think I am Crazy, and that's OK, cause people have been tellin' me I am Crazy all my life, but I ACTUALLY FEEL MORE SECURE and SAFE IN THE WATER with the Waders on than I do without them. Galveston is My Home Beach and I am Glad I have a beach to go to, but Galveston Beach/Water has a lot of Seaweed, Jellyfish etc... that likes to grab a hold of your legs and with the Waders on I can concentrate on Walking and Searching and not Jumpin' every time something grabs my legs. The Waves Today were relatively calmish and I had a blast. It has been awhile since I worked out My lower back muscles like I did today, but we are going back tomorrow for another round. I will post our finds later- No Rings, but more stuff to add to my "Trash To Treasures Statue" that I am making. "Have Waders Will Travel"
Guy

Attachments

• Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Big1011Guy said:
On the posts that I generate, I will DEFINITELY state my Opinion and other opinions are welcome,
If I don't agree with another Individual's Opinion that is fine, Everyone is entitled to their opinion on Everything - Including Me!!!
Guy

Yep, I've only been round here a couple weeks and already learned that we all have differing opinions ;D

Been doing the various forums since they began and had maybe 30 different handles spread out over many forums and years. To survive on any of these requires a thick skin. The more opinionated one is, the fewer friends one will have on any forum.

The best reason to be here is not to gain a sense of self worth but to gain information.

Sorry for rambling....oh ya, I wanted to say....good luck with those waders :thumbsup:

teddy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

teddy said:
Big1011Guy said:
On the posts that I generate, I will DEFINITELY state my Opinion and other opinions are welcome,
If I don't agree with another Individual's Opinion that is fine, Everyone is entitled to their opinion on Everything - Including Me!!!
Guy

Yep, I've only been round here a couple weeks and already learned that we all have differing opinions ;D

Been doing the various forums since they began and had maybe 30 different handles spread out over many forums and years. To survive on any of these requires a thick skin. The more opinionated one is, the fewer friends one will have on any forum.

The best reason to be here is not to gain a sense of self worth but to gain information.

Sorry for rambling....oh ya, I wanted to say....good luck with those waders :thumbsup:

teddy

Thanks teddy For Your Reply.
Guy

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I do not water hunt, but if I did decide to get into the surf, my choice ( personal opinion) would be a wet suit. I just think that a wet suit would be safer, but if you are comfortable using waders, go for it. Be sure to post you finds. Happy Hunting.

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Ray S ECenFL said:
I do not water hunt, but if I did decide to get into the surf, my choice ( personal opinion) would be a wet suit. I just think that a wet suit would be safer, but if you are comfortable using waders, go for it. Be sure to post you finds. Happy Hunting.

Ray S ECenFL

Thanks Ray S ECenFL for your reply. We traveled down to Treasure Coast, Florida a couple weeks ago and found out I couldn't get in the water due to Mel Fishers Lease. Is that the area you live in.
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Sniffer said:
good luck with those waders Big guy

Sniffer
Thanks Sniffer. The weather forecast for Houston, Texas on Friday is a Possibility of Snow, which is very rare for Houston.
Looks like I got the Waders just in time.
Guy

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Big1011Guy said:
Ray S ECenFL said:

Ray S ECenFL

Thanks Ray S ECenFL for your reply. We traveled down to Treasure Coast, Florida a couple weeks ago and found out I couldn't get in the water due to Mel Fishers Lease. Is that the area you live in.
Guy

I live a bit north of there. Cocoa Beach Area.

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Ray S ECenFL said:
Big1011Guy said:
Ray S ECenFL said:

Ray S ECenFL

Guy

I live a bit north of there. Cocoa Beach Area.

Ray S ECenFL

OK, we stayed in the Motel 6 on A1A in Cocoa Beach and then drove south to detect for a week. I was so confused about the issue of being able to get in the surf or not. Can you get in the surf in Cocoa Beach? We also had the Migrating Sea Turtles Issue at the time we were there. No Night Hunting Allowed. We would like to come back next year sometime cause, Florida definitely has beautiful beaches and we had a blast. Florida just seems to have more Metal Detecting Dont's than Galveston, Texas does.
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Sniffer said:
you must be special to expect snow, we don't have any in the forecast

If it snows it will probably melt as soon as it hits the ground.
In my 55years I can only think of Twice that it snowed in Houston hard enough to actually stick on the ground.
I doubt very seriously that we will be building any Snowmen :icon_santa:
Guy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was 1977 that it snowed 3/4 inch in Tampa, Fl...........There was over 1000 accidents by 8am as very few really knew how to drive on it if they had never been north in the winter.
I myself, having lived in North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado and Ohio, and driven all over the North and West part of the country in the winter time, I have had lots of practice. ::)

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Treasure_Hunter said:
I believe it was 1977 that it snowed 3/4 inch in Tampa, Fl...........There was over 1000 accidents by 8am as very few really knew how to drive on it if they had never been north in the winter.
I myself, having lived in North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado and Ohio, and driven all over the North and West part of the country in the winter time, I have had lots of practice. ::)

Wow, 3/4" of snow is a lot of snow for Florida.
I am a native Houstonian except for 2 1/2 years when I moved to Anchorage, Alaska to Open and Manage an Ice Rink in The Dimond Center Shopping Mall for Ice Capades. That was quite a Cultural Change and I had some idea on how to drive on ice since I had been driving a Zamboni Ice Resurfacer for many Years. It was pretty hard to get Alaskan's to pay $5.00 to come Ice Skate inside when they could Ice Skate in their backyard for free so, Ice Capades finally decided to transfer me back to Texas. I am glad I had the chance to visit Alaska, because it's really Beautiful but, not one of your first picks to go there for vacation.
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread