Waders Test Results

B

Big1011Guy

I'm back and all I can say is WOW, that is the best $40.00 investment I have made in a long time.
The Waders are Great!!!!!!!! I will never leave home without 'em!!!!! I stayed nice and dry and warm and actually Sweated a Few Pounds Off-I Hope.
I know all you Anti-Waders Individuals will think I am Crazy, and that's OK, cause people have been tellin' me I am Crazy all my life, but I ACTUALLY FEEL MORE SECURE and SAFE IN THE WATER with the Waders on than I do without them. Galveston is My Home Beach and I am Glad I have a beach to go to, but Galveston Beach/Water has a lot of Seaweed, Jellyfish etc... that likes to grab a hold of your legs and with the Waders on I can concentrate on Walking and Searching and not Jumpin' every time something grabs my legs. The Waves Today were relatively calmish and I had a blast. It has been awhile since I worked out My lower back muscles like I did today, but we are going back tomorrow for another round. I will post our finds later- No Rings, but more stuff to add to my "Trash To Treasures Statue" that I am making. "Have Waders Will Travel"
Guy

Attachments

• Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waders for beach hunting...great idea. Without this forum to exchange ideas we would all be much less enlightened..Thank you

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

CWnut said:
waders for beach hunting...great idea. Without this forum to exchange ideas we would all be much less enlightened..Thank you

No Problem CWnut. I am Hooked on the Waders, just got to figure out how to Air Condition them in the Summer Time :laughing7:.
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

4-H said:
Big1011Guy said:
CWnut said:
No Problem CWnut. I am Hooked on the Waders, just got to figure out how to Air Condition them in the Summer Time :laughing7:.
Guy
Hip boots :wink:

Hadn't thought of them, Thanks 4-H.
Guy

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
Some high end waders are fine. Anti-Waders Individuals ??? some great treasure hunters have died far to young.

One wave is all it takes or slip and fall. My life is worth more than a couple of hundred dollars. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

dazoff said:
Some high end waders are fine. Anti-Waders Individuals ??? some great treasure hunters have died far to young.

One wave is all it takes or slip and fall. My life is worth more than a couple of hundred dollars. :thumbsup:

Definition Of Anti-Waders Individuals: People that Don't Like Wearing Waders and Don't think the Risk Is Worth The Reward, which is fine with me and is your PERSONAL OPINION!!!
MY PERSONAL OPINION is I like Wearing Waders, Will Be Careful and Hope A Shark Doesn't Come Close To The Shore and Eat Me Up. My Opinion Again, When Your Number Is Up- It's Up.
Have A Nice Day, Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Sniffer said:
do those waders have to be resealed every year ?

Thanks for the Question Sniffer, This is something I am Hoping - Someone in the Know can Answer.
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Sniffer said:
they almost look like a foam rubber kind of material

My Waders are made out of substance called Neoprene with Thinsulate Material Inside - which I have no idea is made of. I do Know It Works in Keeping You Dry and Warm.
Guy

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
neoprene is a rubber with air bubbles in it, it bends easily but doesn't leak.
thinsulate is the insulation on the inside to keep you warm

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Sniffer said:
neoprene is a rubber with air bubbles in it, it bends easily but doesn't leak.
thinsulate is the insulation on the inside to keep you warm

Thanks Sniffer.
Guy

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
Big1011Guy said:
dazoff said:

Definition Of Anti-Waders Individuals: People that Don't Like Wearing Waders and Don't think the Risk Is Worth The Reward, which is fine with me and is your PERSONAL OPINION!!!
MY PERSONAL OPINION is I like Wearing Waders, Will Be Careful and Hope A Shark Doesn't Come Close To The Shore and Eat Me Up. My Opinion Again, When Your Number Is Up- It's Up.
Have A Nice Day, Guy

Clearly my personal opinion is not welcome, your level of maturity is questionable expressed in <CAPS> .
You should just keep your personal opinions to yourself if you can't cope with the idea that there is more than one. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

dazoff said:
Big1011Guy said:
dazoff said:

Have A Nice Day, Guy

Clearly my personal opinion is not welcome, your level of maturity is questionable expressed in <CAPS> .
You should just keep your personal opinions to yourself if you can't cope with the idea that there is more than one. :thumbsup:

On the posts that I generate, I will DEFINITELY state my Opinion and other opinions are welcome,
If I don't agree with another Individual's Opinion that is fine, Everyone is entitled to their opinion on Everything - Including Me!!! All you talked about was dieing and death and I feel you definitely could have gotten your message across in a better/different way. Do you really think that other people really want to read your reply with Death being your main topic. Come On have a little consideration for others. I Use Neoprene Chest High Waders that fit snug with a waders belt and I feel safe while wearing them. I would not consider wearing those Loose Fitting Rubber Made Waders, because In My Opinion, they could be Extremely Dangerous In The Surf.
Guy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why someone would choose waders over a good wetsuit, but that is his choice.

I would be more concerned about being caught in a rip current, or walking off into a large hole, for me it just isn't worth the chance is all. In a wet suit I am plenty warm, I have no concern about a wave going over the top, and last but most important of all if needed I can swim in them for hours with no problems...............

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Treasure_Hunter said:
Not sure why someone would choose waders over a good wetsuit, but that is his choice.

I would be more concerned about being caught in a rip current, or walking off into a large hole, for me it just isn't worth the chance is all. In a wet suit I am plenty warm, I have no concern about a wave going over the top, and last but most important of all if needed I can swim in them for hours with no problems...............

I chose waders over a wetsuit because I am 6'2" tall and 265lbs, which means I have a pretty good sized belly and I don't want to spend most of my time trying to put on or take off a wet suit. I have Emphysema so I need to save my energy for the detecting instead of the gettin' ready to detect. The Neoprene Chest Waders with a Waders Belt fit very snug around my belly and around my legs, but aren't skin tight and I don't go out in the water during rough waves.
Guy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BG,

Bottom line is to have fun AND stay safe..................

Remember, rip tides are very dangerous, and you don't need large waves to have rip tides.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread