mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that would be a very big expense. ight vison is not cheap. Just use a head lamp and when you find your target and you get your plug out if you still con not see your find then turn on the lamp for a short time then turn it off again.....Matt

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
I don't know but, My police officer buddies are using them to catch irresponsible detectorist's trespassing on historic sites. They say they work really good!
:o

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
at several local sporting good stores here, they have night vision monocles for $150. And another alternative would be to get a headlamp or LED flashlight with red LED's in them. Theyre bright enough to see, and dont affect your human night vision when you turn it off. You could also use a regular flashlight with a piece or red plastic film over the lens.

mrjosh

Aug 1, 2008
Paducah, Kentucky & Hendersonville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having used a monocular night vision, I would say using a metal dector at the same time would be difficult. Besides it is much safer to detect during the day.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal detectors have 20/20 vision, even at night. Bring along a small flashlight, which will be rarely used once you get good at night hunting.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
unless it's a moonless night and no lights are in the area, your eyes should adjust to where you don't bump into
things, when you find a target and wish to dig, turn on a small red LED headset. you'll be surprised how much light
it gives off. when you've recovered your target, turn it off and continue

OP
OP
A

aditochi

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
i think i will go with the small flashlight,thank you for all the reply.it will be nice to have a night vision just for the fun,i like this kind of gadgets.But for now i have to settle with a cheap flashlight

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With robotic stuff, I can work at night; sometimes it's even better than daylight.

I use a LED headset, it works really well for me. No one's shot me yet.

A nice one that's cheap goes on the visor of your cap, about $4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions