Whites 2Box TM 808

Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif
Rented a Whites Treasure Master TM 808 for vacation and had a faint signal. As I dug down the the signal got stronger (Up to 20 on the meter) Strongest signal I had all week. Unfortanately I ran out of time and could not find what the signal was about. I got to 2 feet down and decided I needed to come back another day with possible help. My question is, does the metal dictate the strength of the signal. The shovel I had only went to 7 when I had the unit dirrectlt over it.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is also the size of the target that gives the strength reading. Depending on the area you were searching I would think you found a sewer pipe or an old VW engine block. LOL. Anyway I supect it is big.

OP
OP
P

Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif
No sewer pipes here, we had to 4 wheel drive back in for 2 hours to get to this place. There is an old mine half a mile away that was working in the early 1900's and this was there camp spot with an rock house.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I would take a weekend and go back and dig, dig and dig. I would really want to find out what it was. With a gold mine only being a 1/2 mile away that would make it any more reason to keep diging. Just my reason to keep at it......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread