Whites M6 or Minelab X-terras

drained

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2008
White's M6 or Minelab X-terra's

I've narrowed it down to these brands.Just looking for opinions on the M6 and the Minelab X-terras. Pros and cons, customer support from each company, quality of machines, etc... I'll be Mostly coin and jewelry hunting. Parks, trails, and beaches in Massachusetts. Any feedback greatly appreciated. I have some experience. I owned a Garrett a couple years ago, but I consider myself still a newbie. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. :)

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's M6 or Minelab X-terra's

Right now Minelab has been slow for service because of a move to a new facility in Chicago. Even before that it was hit and miss from what I've read on forums. They do make a great detector though.

I've never owned an M6, but I do have an MXT I am very happy with.

OP
OP
D

drained

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2008

Thanks for your input. Anyone else?

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer

I got my M6 about four weeks ago, and I gotta tell ya, it's not only a coin VACUUM, but also found a nice 9gm 14K gold ring already. In the four weeks that I've owned it, my total hours hunting is probably around 12 hours! Can't speak for Minelab, don't know anything about them, but I stand by my M6 110%! And for a kicker, I just got the Garrett Pro-Pointer yesterday, and it cuts your digging time in half! Read post I just put up on it......my two cents anyway buddy, Good Luck!

Gshock

May 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've had my M-6 for about 2 months and I have to say, I have found more change that any detector I've used to date. I've found 3 silvers including a 1924 quarter, but no jewlery yet. not sure on the depth yet but I don't want too dig deep anyway. I'm still using the stock coil and I have no problems coin shooting trashy areas. Just don't want to dig 1000 pulltabs to find a ring, especially in trash.

good luck

Gary

reporter1

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2010
Central California
Detector(s) used
M6

I can only tell you about the M6. I got mine early last year--2009--about two months after I first started metal detecting. It's a coin-killer and it absolutely nails deep quarters.

I have to find time to detect around the demands of my job, which is more than full-time as well as being on call 24/7, but during 2009 I found 11,265 coins, 24 silver rings and other .925 objects, and 18 silver coins. I also had a lot of fun doing it.

Suffice it to say, I really like the M6. I use a 6x10 DD coil and even in relatively trashy conditions it separates out the coins and rings very well. I'm noting saying I'll never move on to an more sophisticated machine but for a turn-on-and-go detector, you cannot beat the M6.

OP
OP
D

drained

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2008

Wow, thanks for all input guys. I was leaning towards the M6 anyway, But I think i'm sold on it now.
The XLT is on my radar as well. Thanks again..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread