Tot Lots

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Parents playing with the kids. It's easy to imagine lifting a child up and a chain gets broken. Teens will also go to the playgrounds to do what teens do as well. I went to a park this morning and there had been a huge party sometime earlier. Beer cans and cigarette butts everywhere. When beer gets involved, anything can happen. Just my thoughts...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK Here go's

Little girl takes mommys ring to school to show her Friends!!!! and looses it!!!

Little boy takes his dads Coins to school to show his Friend's!!! and looses them!!!!!

Mom/dad takes the kids to the school play ground Its cool out and His or Her hands get cold!!! Cold causes fingers to shrink down!!! Mommy / Daddy push me on the swing!!! ring slips off!!!

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Middle school/jr high kids are famous for hitting moms jewery box and losing items..I prefer those over high schools anyday.....

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also say that I have seen more than one tot get mama's hand for not behaving..That will also lose jewery off of a hand...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DanRiverMan said:
Middle school/jr high kids are famous for hitting moms jewery box and losing items..I prefer those over high schools anyday.....

:read2:

Its really amazing what you can learn from reading posts!!! I never really though of hunting middle schools before!!!! Next weekend Is going to be my middle school training days!! Thank you DanRiverMan!!! and HH Chug

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
I know a lot of people who wear nice jewlery and they are like 7 or 8. You see some of the weirdest stuff lost.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to sound Crude..but i also find alot of condom wrappers at some of the parks i go to..In fact about 3 weeks ago i decided to get up about 5 and go to a City Park Tot lot, and there were people just hanging out there..High School kids i would imagine..i also wasnt in the best part of town either..

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Not to sound Crude..but i also find alot of condom wrappers at some of the parks i go to..In fact about 3 weeks ago i decided to get up about 5 and go to a City Park Tot lot, and there were people just hanging out there..High School kids i would imagine..i also wasnt in the best part of town either..

Wow! Is that even legal to "do" :icon_scratch:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
colorado14ers said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:

Wow! Is that even legal to "do" :icon_scratch:
Oh its Mos Def isnt legal..Some of the places I go have so much trash and graffeti everywhere..or where someone sat there with a lighter to try and melt the plastic slide..lol..But i have been fortunate with plenty of clad..and a few pieces of gold...I just found a park that is near me that dates back to the 30's..so i figured i might have a chance for some silver..and when i go there, it looked like a homeless camp..clothes where draped over monkey bars....if anyone is familiar with the East Side of Fort Worth..you would know what im talking about

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
DanRiverMan said:

:read2:

Its really amazing what you can learn from reading posts!!! I never really though of hunting middle schools before!!!! Next weekend Is going to be my middle school training days!! Thank you DanRiverMan!!! and HH Chug

Your welcome my friend..The thought Is that at 12-13-14 kids really start experimenting and getting into more adult stuff, even the well behaved good kids do it...Trying to impress friends/boys/girls etc..The Magnet Schools and the ones in more affluent neighborhoods are Golden,Literally...Good luck buddie....

High school kids also do it but they become "slightly" more responsible...

Scott

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to try a tot lot today......I found some clad but no jewelry.....maybe next time.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
m bryan said:
Had to try a tot lot today......I found some clad but no jewelry.....maybe next time.

Your not alone, i always hunt tot lots and never find anything good but the goodies will come in do time 8)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to find some really nice pieces in tot lots, but most of the tot lots around here have gone to the newer rubber matting which makes losing stuff much harder. However, if the tot lots in your area are still sand, wood chips, dirt or grass, or even pea gravel, try concentrating your efforts a few feet further away from the attractions, i.e., instead of hunting under the swings hunt where parents would stand while pushing thier children on the swings. Same goes for those spin-around type attractions, (forget what you call them) parents pushing on these things can toss a ring several feet away. I've watched a lot of other MDer's hunting tot lots and it always seems they hunt them in a big hurry and also right next to, or under, the attraction. Try to imagine where adults will usually stand and where a ring might go as it slips off an active hand.

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m bryan said:
All the play area was pea gravel. Probally not as good as wood chips.

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
m bryan said:
See where folks are finding lots of good items there.....How do the items get there? I know people lose them but who loses them? Kids dont wear nice rings?
You are going to find almost anything in a tot lot. I recently found a knife in a tot lot. I have found drug needles, glass, razor blades, many nails. The children also wear nice jewelry there as well. It bothers me to see children playing in the tot lots without their shoes. Dave P.

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
m bryan said:
See where folks are finding lots of good items there.....How do the items get there? I know people lose them but who loses them? Kids dont wear nice rings?
Now a days ya just never know what the little tots are bringing into their tot lots. Here are two things that I have found this year in toty lots. Dave Packard

Attachments

• Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 007.JPG
    Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 007.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 447
  • Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 009.JPG
    Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 009.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 440
  • Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 010.JPG
    Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 010.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 008.JPG
    Tot Lot Knife & Ring shot 008.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 459
OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is pea gravel lots a good place to hunt? I could see where wood chips would hide things better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread