Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just wondering how many have come and gone from this site since it's earliest days? Can you recall their user names?

How long have you been a part of this detecting/treasure hunting forum (counting all the times you cancelled out and returned)?

What are some of your POSITIVE memories?

How long does it take for an account to be closed once that has been requested?

Please share!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul is Dead said:
I will go to work today so I will be logging out, but I'll be back after work later. Does that count?

Why sure...whatever.

Say, what's with the "Paul is Dead" thing?

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been here since January 05. Still got the same avitar and name. Haven't changed them yet. Don't plan to either.
Have a good one Badger.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've been here since nov./dec. 2004. Alot of people have come and gone, a great group I might add. I'll be sticking around for a LONG time, I think this site is great as well as everyone here!!

kenb

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When was A teenager, I used to own and play a 60's Fender Jazzmaster. I also owned a 60's Rickenbacker. Sold the Fender when I needed money for $200. :'( Stupid. :P :'( :'(

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed Doctor Detroit hasen't posted in a while. She lives in my neck of the woods and wanted to take up water detecting an I was hoping to run into her to see if see is who I think she is.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandman256 said:
I've noticed Doctor Detroit hasen't posted in a while. She lives in my neck of the woods and wanted to take up water detecting an I was hoping to run into her to see if see is who I think she is.
Maybe she was Pete. :P

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
bigcypresshunter said:
Sandman256 said:
Maybe she was Pete. :P

You might give that some thought, sandman ;D

Don't say anything but sometimes I wonder who Floater, Marc and Jeff really are? Could they also be Free?

Am I me? ??? ::)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul is Dead said:
OK, I am back now. Causing as much mayhem as possible. Don't know enough about the machines, let alone my own. So I fall back on my own demented, unstable type of humor. Now darn it, it's funny when I write it. Then I read the next day, and say "What the Hell was I thinking, I gotta buy more of that stuff!!!"

And yes, it is a Beatles thing. I play, collect bass and six string acoustic, and electric. My prize is a maple top neck 67 white, now a whole different color, Fender telecaster. 3 bass guitars, Hofner 5000/1, 67 Hofner 500/1, a 76 Rickenbacker 4001 Azure blue. No longer made in that color. Along with the Tele, a 40th anniversary maple cap neck, red, stratocaster. 3 acoustics, a Taylor 510 some or other, a 67 Gibson J160e, and my first acoustic a Lyle. A Japanese copy of a martin.

I use the name on Hofner Hounds, got to know a guy in PR, he also was into metal detecting. I was bitten once by gold and now a whole new adventure. So some guitars are on hold for now. I know, way to much info. OH WELL.

I see, a Beatles advertising ploy. I'm not into music of any type really. It's kind of funny though, for lectures I use a drum stick as a pointer that was originally a prop for a movie Tom Hanks did years ago (That Thing You Do). Tom even signed it.

Well, I hope you finds lots of gold with your detector.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I recently almost hung up the spurs on this site... I got a little frustrated with all the going ons pertaining to certain members... Or one member who has multiple names, and has a new one today!
But, I decided to ignore and continue. Eventually all the bad apples will rot away.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Where in the World Is Suwanne Pirate?

Where is Suwanee Pirate? I havent heard from Bob since April and then recieved a package in mail from him. No returns on emails ? Hello......Bob ....where are you? :-[

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
cryptodave said:
I recently almost hung up the spurs on this site... I got a little frustrated with all the going ons pertaining to certain members...

I left here once because I let myself get frustrated over another issue. Then I left another time simply because I'm a Treasure addict and I spend far too much time on forums. So, for the sake of my work I left for about a year.

I should leave permanently because once again I find myself enjoying too much of a good thing. It's no fault to anyone here...it's just me. I get carried away.

I will probably leave after the Lumberjack town thing is complete. There's some who like that so much I'll hang in here for that. But, for sake of my career I need to get and stay gone.

I suspect this is what really happened to Floater, Rod, and others you all mentioned.

However, I'll always be a treasure hunter. ;D

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whatever happened to xXx?

He found that big stash of silver coins, someone called him a lier, he left, came back and posted pics, got in the magazine, and I haven't seen or heard from him since.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
cryptodave said:

He found that big stash of silver coins, someone called him a lier, he left, came back and posted pics, got in the magazine, and I haven't seen or heard from him since.

I don't know but if he didn't have Marc delete his account my guess is he'll be back one day. Anyway, lets hope so.

I like what Jeff and others have written or implied. Focus on content and don't be so judgemental.

I think a little bird tells us when something isn't quite right but then we can be wrong.

Dug items can look like they were bought off ebay. I've dug silver that looked like it had never been buried. You can't always tell by online photos.

Also, some people do make large great finds on a regular basis. I don't place mayself in this category but there are some members here who I think hold back simply because they know few would believe what they're actually finding.

I know of a man in California who digs stuff that no one would believe on this forum. He is known by those who sometimes buy his finds (such as myself). This man digs 17th century gold Spanish coins on a regular basis. And he does this in southern California on farm lands.

People like this rarely will come to sites like this simply because they don't need them. And too, they don't want to offer any tip that may lead competition to their secret hunting areas.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Michigan Badger said:
cryptodave said:

I don't know but if he didn't have Marc delete his account my guess is he'll be back one day. Anyway, lets hope so.

I like what Jeff and others have written or implied. Focus on content and don't be so judgemental.

I think a little bird tells us when something isn't quite right but then we can be wrong.

Dug items can look like they were bought off ebay. I've dug silver that looked like it had never been buried. You can't always tell by online photos.

Also, some people do make large great finds on a regular basis. I don't place mayself in this category but there are some members here who I think hold back simply because they know few would believe what they're actually finding.

I know of a man in California who digs stuff that no one would believe on this forum. He is known by those who sometimes buy his finds (such as myself). This man digs 17th century gold Spanish coins on a regular basis. And he does this in southern California on farm lands.

People like this rarely will come to sites like this simply because they don't need them. And too, they don't want to offer any tip they may lead competition to their secret hunting areas.

I know for a fact that there are people here who have made amazing discoveries and have wealth from these finds, yet will not post for several reasons,one being called a liar....two,they dont want or need the notoriety and are just here because of the interest in the hobby... three,they dont want to make others feel bad or act like they are showing off. When you find a 25000.00 artifact and someone is tooting their horn over a 3000.gold peice...you really dont want to steal their thunder.
These people are usually low key with their finds and only post their worse.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
In my short experience on this site, I've learned alot of valuable lessons concerning serious treasure hunters and full time hunters... They are a very paranoid bunch. Not that that is a bad thing, its just something I never knew. They guard any little detail so as not to alert other THs or the gov't of their possible booty.
A certain one scares me sometimes, because I can picture him just losing that last marble and going tilt on someone who happens across his camp.
I look at some of these pictures that a few of the full timers post of rocks, and I think "wow, its a bunch of rocks that have a wind torn scratch in them", and they think it is a marker from some lost spanish gold mine or what not.... Again, thats fine. They have had more experience in that field than me, and they are certainly inclined to their opinion, and if they truly do find something of value, then more power to them (and congrats on the DL).

BUT, and this is a big ol' BUT, I respect almost every last one of them. I certainly wouldn't be out in the desert looking for a caches left by wild west desparados or spanish explorers. Too hot, too many mean critters, and in some cases too many other crazy desert rats.

Wierd stuff happens everyday. People find things that no one else would believe. I have not once asked for a picture for proof of a find, I think I might have asked for pic to see it because it sounded pretty cool, but certainly not to provide verification. Its not my place to question them, and if they truly did buy it and post it as a find, then oh well... Its still a find in a strang backwards way.

I never hardly post my finds, out of all of them in the last year, I have posted 3, and only two w/ pics. Its not because I don't dig other stuff, its just because I'm lazy mostly. And also I can't compete with others here, but thats because I don't spend hardly any real time Mding, I spend most time researching and reading.

Oh, and one last thing, I built a "Floater Coffee Can Machine", and it works pretty darn well! Thanks Floater, and I hope to see you back around someday.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, and one last thing, I built a "Floater Coffee Can Machine", and it works pretty darn well! Thanks Floater, and I hope to see you back around someday.

I got to know old Float pretty good back when he first came to this forum. At one time he even invited me to come stay a few days with he and his wife. At one time he was thinking seriously about buying treasurenet and we had some good PM's over that very matter. One time he even asked me if I'd buy it.

Now I'm going to write something and please don't missunderstand me. I really like treasurenet but may I candidly say that Floater most likely "got a life." ;D I say this in humor but I think we all know what I mean by this. It's so easy to live for this type of thing and have the really important things in life pass you by. Life is short and every minute is priceless. It's just too easy to get carried away and spend too much time at FUN things like this.

Float would be very good at most any secular thing he set his mind to do. He did a good job here which is evident by so many positive posts. But, life goes on, right?

Some day I'll ride off into the sunset and for some that may not be soon enough ;D Can't say that I blame them. ;)

But this thread is really about those who have already left us. Can anybody out there think of some others not mentioned here yet? Someone you miss?

Please share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread