Hunting sites again

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back today to a site I have hunted several times. Slowed down, kept the coil level with the ground and approached sections from four different angles. Dug several wheaties, three buttons and a couple other goodies, all in an area that I had been over several times. Slowing down doesent come natural for me. I tend to want to swing and go........the buttons and the coins were about six to seven inchess deep. I had been over it before but evidently in too big a hurry........

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slowing down and paying attention to coil control is the best way to improve your finds due to the coils field. Since the field at depth is so small, about 2" round you could miss targets by not overlapping this much.

I know of a saw dust pile in an old state park that is still giving up wheaties and IH's even though they are very shallow and has been covered repeatably from all directions. I know I couldn't have missed any of them, but they keep coming back up.

Attachments

• Concentric%20coil.jpg
    Concentric%20coil.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Concentric%20coil.jpg
    Concentric%20coil.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 176

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck Yeah!!
I keep going back to sites I have hunted. I'll either work farther out or hunt the same ground I've hunted before.

-Swartzie

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our old sites always seem to produce something. If you don't need the depth of a concentric coil, a DD or butterfly Excelerator coil might be a better bet.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread