Has anyone ever detected the site of a music concert?

D

David in Alabama

when i lived in beaumont texas i searched the fairgrounds every year after the fair and usually made out really well. i go to where they have bluegrass festivals around here and do pretty well

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
There was a "found" story on one of the other sites (sorry, can't remember which one) about either a father and son or two brothers that detected after a concert last year, they made out with a few hundred dollars in clad, some jewelry and enough "parfunelia" to start their own drug ring. Definitely worth while if you can get permission.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old concert site would definitely be worth checking out.I haven't had the opportunity to detect such a site yet.When I do I will,for sure.I have been able to hunt some of the local carnival sites around town at various churches and such.Have had pretty good luck with clad,some jewelry,and yes even drug paraphenalia.Here's an old brass pot pipe found at a local church:

OP
OP
cedarratt

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
hey that looks pretty old it might be an opium pipe but I dont know, you might check it out.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also a belt buckle!As far as pot pipes go,I think it's pretty old.Late 60's-early 70's maybe.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Found lots of drug stuff around town. Turned some drugs (packaged) into police and told them where they were located as an indication of sales activity. Found lots of pipes. Two weeks ago one of my hunt buddies found a bong made out of sockets. 1/2 for the bowl and a large one for the base. Wouldv'e put them in the tool chest but they were used enough to serve as evidence.... Carnie cleanups often return a lot of these items. Music fests, concert grounds also.

OP
OP
cedarratt

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
yeah but have you found much jewelry or valuables other then drug stuff?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread