Wanted, No need for discrimination, easy to use, which detector is best

wreckrat

Jan 23, 2009
Im after a detector under $500 which is very easy to use, has good depth. It doesnt need discrimination at all as I will dig every target as the location has no trash. I see some like the silverumax and compadre are very cheap and simple. What benefits over those has something like the golden umax of fischer F5? I would prefer just turn on and go and dont want something I have to muck about with ground balancing etc.
any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That depends on what you are trying to find? Gold? or Coins? Don't get a coin detector if you are looking for gold nuggets! You will be wasting your money unless you get the X-terra705. If you are looking for coins then get a X-terra 305 or a garrett ace 250 or 350.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
wreckrat said:
Arrrgghh!!! This is driving me nuts trying to decide.

I know how you feel. Right now I'm trying to decide on a new digital camera. If you want something to drive ya nuts--that will. They make a camera for about every dollar of the National Debt.

As for detectors, like stated above, figure out what it is you want to hunt and where you'll hunt it. Once you have this precise data together, contact a major dealer(s) and ask their advice. These people do nothing but think detectors day and night. Most of us here have very limited experience although you'll never get us to admit it.

So, do this, shut up, and go hunting.

P.S. When buying a detector also consider a brand and model with a good resale value. I won't say why I write this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions