chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always seeing people post about the E-trac find this or that or something but no one mentions the v3i like they do the E-trac

I am extremely happy with my v3i and i do great with it... but I sure would like to know how that E-trac performs compared to the v3i anyone have real actual experience with both machines?

Whats the deal? Details please

Chukers

P.S. I really like the lighted color screen on the v3i... I know that isn't a good reason to buy a detector but for me it was one.

Attachments

• v3vset.jpg
    v3vset.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing I forgot to mention about upper end whites machines... from the Spectrum Eagle (older & heavier) to the XLT DFX V3X, Vision V3 & V3i they all have a certain feel to them they are very comfortable to swing... very well balanced.... even though they are not a "light" detector I have no fatigue at all with them I can swing it for 2 to 3 hours non stop ( which I usually do) with no pain or muscle fatigue. in fact its so well balanced I can swing it hanging on the the hand grip with one finger... now this all might be me but I have never hear anyone else make this claim. in fact any other detectors I have tried just don't have this feel. It really feels like part of my arm and not something attached to it.

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@Chuckers:

IMHO

Etrac is very well balanced. However no one finger swinging to be efficient.

I like the coil cord being tight inside the shafts (absolutely 0% falsing from coil bumps).

Was afraid it was going to feel like swinging a mini-sledge, but doesn't feel any heavier than my old Garrett.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chukers feel free to give me a call and pick my brain. Love to help you!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
Chukers feel free to give me a call and pick my brain. Love to help you!

Thank you very much... I fear that my next step is to get my hands on one and learn it... I am more curious about it than I am serious about owning one... but not by much.

Chukers

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chukers said:
one thing I forgot to mention about upper end whites machines... from the Spectrum Eagle (older & heavier) to the XLT DFX V3X, Vision V3 & V3i they all have a certain feel to them they are very comfortable to swing... very well balanced.... even though they are not a "light" detector I have no fatigue at all with them I can swing it for 2 to 3 hours non stop ( which I usually do) with no pain or muscle fatigue. in fact its so well balanced I can swing it hanging on the the hand grip with one finger... now this all might be me but I have never hear anyone else make this claim. in fact any other detectors I have tried just don't have this feel. It really feels like part of my arm and not something attached to it.

Chukers

Thank you for that information Chuckers. I'm shopping for my next detector now and the V3i is on the short list. Weight was one of my primary concerns.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
chukers said:

Chukers

Thank you for that information Chuckers. I'm shopping for my next detector now and the V3i is on the short list. Weight was one of my primary concerns.

well it is not the lightest nor is it the heaviest... but being a well balance machine it works for me I wish some others would confirm this... I think I'll start a new post and see if others agree...

Watch this thread...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,452678.0.html

Chukers

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
As most Whites users know Whites have a little weight to them..... But the Whites are so well balanced that they seem to weight nothing..... Like swinging a feather...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how it starts!!!! You get curious about how the other detectors work and soon it isn't about the finds as much as how the strange detector found them.

Good Luck,
Sandman

stapler101

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both.
The Etrac never leaves the house since I got the v3i.
Nuff said!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stapler101 said:
I have both.
Nuff said!

First statement on T-net and that is what you have to say? sounds fishy... Why have to come to such an abrupt statement? details please

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chukers said:
stapler101 said:
I have both.
Nuff said!

First statement on T-net and that is what you have to say? sounds fishy... Why have to come to such an abrupt statement? details please

Chukers

Sounds like a flaw in the slaw.....I agree Chuck...fishy. :icon_scratch:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mark, did you get out with your new E-Trac again before the snows came?

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason in Enid said:
Hey Mark, did you get out with your new E-Trac again before the snows came?

I darn sure did! I loaded the Andy Sabisch Coin Shooter program (with the entire right side vertical line open), paid super close attention to quality of sound and vdi #'s only for iron to expose itself, and in 45 minutes dug 2 pennies, 2 dimes and only 2 junk in my own front yard that I'd pounded with my Garrett months back. One dime was right next to a roofing nail. Also, dirtfishing (from YouTube) sent me his Park Program for high trash parks. :thumbsup: If you want it, just PM me your email and I'll send it to you. Thanks for the help! :headbang:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious - does anyone NEVER use the VDI's? Having used them, they just seem like a total waste of time to me :P I always use my Explorer in smartfind mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread