chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always seeing people post about the E-trac find this or that or something but no one mentions the v3i like they do the E-trac

I am extremely happy with my v3i and i do great with it... but I sure would like to know how that E-trac performs compared to the v3i anyone have real actual experience with both machines?

Whats the deal? Details please

Chukers

P.S. I really like the lighted color screen on the v3i... I know that isn't a good reason to buy a detector but for me it was one.

Attachments

• v3vset.jpg
    v3vset.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
bazinga said:
okdiggermark said:
@Bazinga: Your profile doesn't say what you swing, and neither did you in your otherwise detailed explanation of your experience and wonderful luck.

My bad. Explorer XS

I usually don't post it since everybody knows me as pro-Explorer and I was waiting for somebody like Keppy to knock the Explorer/E-Trac line after my post for no reason.
I have used Minelab's for 20 years.... But when i see ego's pop up and put others down... I know how to ring bell's..........

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If I can get somebody in my hammered out park from the twenties to find just one stinkin silver with an SE or Etrac, I will buy one of those stinkin Minelabs that very day.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
If I can get somebody in my hammered out park from the twenties to find just one stinkin silver with an SE or Etrac, I will buy one of those stinkin Minelabs that very day.

hmmm a challenge! I have a spot like that... but then after hunting it for 2 years, I went and found me a merc and 3 wheats... soooo I know stuff is still out there. just harder to find!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not saying that the Minelab wont find the masked deep silver mind you. I am just saying I gots to sees it to believes it. Then I open wallet. I know the Minelabs are good at silver in the trash, no argument, too much anecdotal info out there. I just gotta see it first before I cough up a grand or a grand and a half. Just using a little precaution, I just want to see it in my favorite old parks and old ball fields and old school yards and old fairgrounds. I want one, but I have to be convinced first. I have to see it. I don't believe hearsay.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
TheOldMan said:
gleaner1 said:
Aaahhh.....You didn't mention Explorer XS - Lol!!! Really - my hat off to bazinga as those Minelabs do find the deep silver and he is knowledge + ego but that isn't all bad. TheOldMan would probably be swinging a E-Trac or XS right now but I am not going to be digging no real deep holes and no way would I be hauling a shovel in any parks or schoolyards like some Minelab users have been doing.

Simmer down, I meant explorer se or sp or sx or xs or whatever, you know what I meant. That's what I meant.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You all do not under stand these Minelab braggars they see these things they do in there dreams...

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
You all do not under stand these Minelab braggars they see these things they do in there dreams...

oh that is whats up... E-trac guys brag more... its starting to make sense now... :laughing7:

Chukers

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had both.. V3 upgraded to V3I.. Very cool machine ,but didn't impress me side by side, depth and find-wise...Sold it and kept the Etrac.. Does much better in this area with it..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:

Keppy said:
The Minelab people keep buying that crap.. Then when it is junk and service is crap.... the minelab cult keep making excuses for the crap that minelab gives them..........

Keppy said:
... But i do talk them down sometimes just to get some minelab users upset and it works.........

Keppy said:
............. But i love getting those minelab users upset ..... So i keep going after them.... The reason is for i have never seen one's get so mad & upset over there detector as they do....... Like a religious cult...............

It's time for you to stop trolling Keppy.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cosmic said:
Had both.. V3 upgraded to V3I.. Very cool machine ,but didn't impress me side by side, depth and find-wise...Sold it and kept the Etrac.. Does much better in this area with it..

Thank you for your comment... this is why I am curious about the E-trac because of claims like this.

Chukers

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in Enid said:
Jason... It seem's like you find and read every thing i post.............. So it look's like you might be the Troll..................

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 639
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 635

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:
Jason... It seem's like you find and read every thing i post.............. So it look's like you might be the Troll..................

Sounds like you when it comes to my posts....

Chukers, if you can afford it, go with an Explorer or E-trac. I only recommend what I truly believe to be a superior machine because I don't like seeing people waste their time with below average machines. It literally HURTS me to recommend Minelabs because it means less finds for me are left in the ground.

Some of the Illinois guys make my silver totals look pedestrian. They just destroy it every time out.

And whenever I make these arguments, NOBODY ever posts high silver total results being found with other machine. Sure, there are some stragglers out there that do very well with their machines, but the overwhelming number of people finding 100+ (some even 500+) in a year are done with Minelabs. I think that is all that needs to be said.

Call it ego, call it whatever you want. I only speak because the results speak for themselves.

Our local club of roughly 30 members found probably 400 pieces of silver in 2011. The two guys I hunt with and myself found roughly 330-350 of those silver. That's right. The other 25 or so guys found MAYBE 50-70 silver combined. Their totals for an entire year are an average day for me, and we are hunting the exact same locations.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is all i am going to say about this i use all brands of detectors.... And in all the top brands they have there good points and bad points....... But i never come out and say my brand is better than yours ... Yours is a toy yours is junk.... I just can't stand people like that........... I think that by bad mouthing the detector that some one else uses is just down right .deplorable ........ I use Minelab but get mad at how they treat there buyers.... i got mad at Garrett for that first batch of AT Pro crap they put out...... And i also use Tesoro , Whites & Fisher for the last 5 years .... I have used Minelab since 1992 and Garrett since about 1982............ I never had a complaint with Whites , Tesoro or fisher yet......... And Garrett will make it right with you fast ......... And i never had a complaint with Minelab when they were Minelab ..... But now i just don't under stand Minelab's policies.....And the attitude of some of the one's that use them........

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 562
  • thumbnailCAA6UPEF.jpg
    thumbnailCAA6UPEF.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 448
  • thumbnailCA7JTH8T.jpg
    thumbnailCA7JTH8T.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 448
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 451
  • thumbnailCAPCS08B.jpg
    thumbnailCAPCS08B.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 449
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 565
  • thumbnailCAOCTULQ.jpg
    thumbnailCAOCTULQ.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 504

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy,

You live in prime silver country.

What were your old coin totals from 2011? How many do you find per hunt?

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
Keppy,

I know you didn't solicite my coin count, but I used the ace 250 for all of 2011 and while it was fun and helped me cut my teeth I recieved an E-Trac mid January for my birthday. I have gone on 5 hunts with it so far and with some video schooling and over the phone help from my dealer I have been having a great time.

My coin count is as follows:

Clad: 2012- $8.88 2011- $20.16
Wheat: 2012-49 2011- 9
Silver: 2012-7 2011- 0
Jewelry:2012-2 silver 2011-1 silver
Oldest:2012-1821-50 2011-1913

Variouse odds and ends with both but those are the main bullett points.

Edit: I should mention that hunts consist of my lunch hour and maybe 2 hours on the weekend if I am lucky. I get more time to hunt during the week than I do on the weekend.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OtraVez said:
bazinga said:
Keppy,

I know you didn't solicite my coin count, but I used the ace 250 for all of 2011 and while it was fun and helped me cut my teeth I recieved an E-Trac mid January for my birthday. I have gone on 5 hunts with it so far and with some video schooling and over the phone help from my dealer I have been having a great time.

Keep up the good work!

I too started with an Ace 250 many years ago. It started the bug. And then I went out hunting with an experienced Exlplorer user and it was just an embarrassment. He would point out coins to me and my machine had no idea anything was down there. He was pulling Barbers and Indian Heads out of MY parks and making it look easy!

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
OtraVez said:
bazinga said:
Keppy,

Keep up the good work!

I too started with an Ace 250 many years ago. It started the bug. And then I went out hunting with an experienced Exlplorer user and it was just an embarrassment. He would point out coins to me and my machine had no idea anything was down there. He was pulling Barbers and Indian Heads out of MY parks and making it look easy!

It is funny you should say that. I did the same with a guy and an explorer pro and he would have me sweep a spot and say ok this is going to be a wheat or a dime and my machine wouldn't see it and he would pull up a merc. He convinced me to go minelab or nothing. I am not sorry he got me to try it out.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was always curious how the Minelab Safari/ Explorer / Etrac does in prospecting mode.....

.....oh... sorry.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lakemonster said:
I was always curious how the Minelab Safari/ Explorer / Etrac does in prospecting mode.....

.....oh... sorry.

The Explorer would be among my last choices for gold. I would no way tell people it's a machine for everything. But if silver coins are what a person is after, there really isn't a better machine out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread