Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Detecting grave yards

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Jun 2012
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If I go I'm gonna go in the day with a pro pointer and defiantly NOT die LOL
    Get paid for taking surveys and doing offers, I've been paid almost $150 so far!
    http://www.cashcrate.com/3693474/15

Jun 2012
    1 times
    I have hunted lots of parking lots and around the perimeters of some really old cemeteries but could never bring myself to go inside. I would think the better finds would be at the gathering points around it anyways.

Charter Member

Jun 2012
    77 times
    How do you detect parking lots? We're they dirt? Or gravel?
    Get paid for taking surveys and doing offers, I've been paid almost $150 so far!
    http://www.cashcrate.com/3693474/15

Jun 2012
    1 times
    I don't think we have a cemetery around here that has a paved parking lot. Most of the ones I have detected haven't had anyone buried there in 50+ years.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    791 times
    If you hunt grave yards I hope you get caught and arrested and fined.
    lorddean13 likes this.

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1654 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hmmm. The general consenses is.... don't hunt cemetaries. If you get caught and are looking for a legal defense fund... I don't think you'll get enough for the parking meter here. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

us
    Mar 2011
    Chandler Tx
    White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    1. Bad idea to begin with.
    2. Most Cemeteries have a committee or administrator who will become a major problem for you if they find you out. City cemeteries sometimes fall under the Parks Dept, whom, when I got my permit, warned me that cemeteries are OFF LIMITS. ( I didnt ask....they made sure I was informed)

Personal history on this.... I have not detected an actual cemetery, but I have had cemetery committee come over to neighboring public property and misrepresent his authority to run me off simply because I was within 100 yards of his cemetery.

I promise you.... you will be the only person that thinks it's a good idea when others get themselves involved.
    If you ever hit the big one detecting....follow the 3S rule. Shoot. Shovel and Shut up.

Jun 2012
    1 times
    A lot of the really old cemeteries around here have the old one room school buildings or old one room churches on them. My grandmother went to one with me that she went to elementary school at that only had 12 kids in the whole school and showed me where they used to play and where the outhouses where. That yielded some neat finds while staying away from the cemetery portion of it. I will say that my family is on the board of directors at this particular sight, but I have also never ran into any problems with other sites like it, but I always made sure to not to bother anyone and not to detect when people were visiting.

ca
    Mar 2011
    nova scotia
    teknetics
    10 times
    old train tracks,swimming holes,along a river ,lakes anywhere but a graveyard

us
    Aug 2009
    Sacramento Cailifonia
    V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
    257 times
    digging in a graveyard would be as bad of publicity as Ric Savage and his motley crew......... there's plenty of other areas to hunt

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9714 times
    Enough answers posted already on the current threads on this subject, before it degrades thread is being locked.....
    gleaner1 likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors