Help

Rylflush

Jun 7, 2012
Pea anybody where I can find the what the terms and definison mean and how to use them correctly. I am new and very lost as to how to set up my MD. I really want to know what the different finds sound like. The books provided with my equipment doesn't help. They expect you to know what is what. I just bought the mine lab explorer Se pro. It came highly recommended. But so far I have only found a nickel that was chewed up from a lawn mower. Any help would be so much appreciated!! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I do not own such a fine detector, I will tell you to set up a test garden with different objects at different depths in known locations. Practice and listen. Then when you hunt for real and are in doubt, dig to start learning different sounds relying in the ID for a clue until you can get a feel for it. Good luck and welcome to TN!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go onto You tube and look for a video. Read, and then reread your manual. Go to the minelab section on this board and read any posts about your detector. Then check the other online boards for minelab forums. Google any terms you don't understand. Look for local metal detecting clubs. Read your manual again and then get out and practice.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opioion both post above is very good methods to learn your new machine.Then after all of that,it's going to take time and lots of practice to learn what your machine is telling you. Good luck to ya..................

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took a glance through the manual. I'd suggest using only "Factor Preset" for the next few weeks. Just press and hold the start button for two seconds (pg. 19), then press noise cancel as mentioned on the front cover of the manual and go detecting. I wouldn't even pay attention to the display, listen to the sounds your machine makes. Dig every target and practice every chance you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread