Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for a short 2 hour river hunt today. FIRST TIME OUT with the New AT Pro and Propointer. Didn't find much, but some clad and POUNDS of junk. So ended up leaving after an hour or so.

The first rookie mistake I made was with my right hand I took a PP and with the left I had a big handful of dirt... PP was going NUTS!! Then realized it was picking up my wedding ring haha!!

Now my question for the pros; I'm using the AT Pro. Was using it in custom with everything notched in and discrim set at 35. But I was hitting targets at 5, 15, 30 etc.. and it was still making the low iron noise! You can imagine how full this place was with sinkers, hooks, and other junk and it was my understanding if Iron Discrim was set anything below that # wouldn't make a noise? Also my Iron Audio was not on.

Now for the bone ID. I found these weird bones while digging what ended up being a coffee can haha
Now I'm no biology expert or anything, but I don't think they're human (chances are slim to none), but was curious if anyone could ID them. They look like they've been in the river for a while.

web-5 by trevor M photography, on Flickr

web-4 by trevor M photography, on Flickr

web-3 by trevor M photography, on Flickr

web-2 by trevor M photography, on Flickr

web-1 by trevor M photography, on Flickr

Upvote 0
S

stefen

Best lesson is a lesson learned...

As to the bone...looks like a cow femur...

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best lesson is a lesson learned...

As to the bone...looks like a cow femur...

I just googled cow femur and that isn't it, but the first bone looks almost identical to a Cow humerus. Thanks!!
Also another quick tip to newbies. If you plan on hunting a river bank or creek bed, etc... Bring a mini shovel forget the garden tools :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread