John5mindy

Sep 13, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector with 8.5"x11" Coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

My wife and i are new to Metal Detecting and were trying to find some good places to go. We just purchased our first metal detector and are mainly doing it as a hobby and a reason to get out of the house and be together, but... of course we want to find some good stuff! Just wandering if anyone knows any good sites near us? We live right in the middle of Montgomery County, MD. This saturday were going to great falls to search around there.

thanks!
-John

Upvote 0

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello what does a garret ace 150 register gold under? Iron,nickel, p tab, ring, or coin?
Look at your detector, it says GOLD right on the face.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Think I've got asked to leave in several of the metro county parks over the years, they are very nice about it but the Metro area is tuff location for detecting unless you have permission to do private land. Best thing to do is go out and hunt, all they do is ask you to leave, now this is county parks, PG, Montgomery and Ann Arundel. Federal less friendly and your taking a big chance. Also limit the time you hunt, keep it to two hour hunts, not all day, stay in the smaller parks also and the chances are better you will never have a problem. I hunted for several years before I was noticed. But after your asked just mark that county off the list. Also I would suggest joining the MARS metal detecting club, Most there are seasoned vets and can guide you around to places that you can detecting and not have to worry about issues. The main reason I stopped hunting the dirt in Maryland, just to many hassle's, So I bought a boat, hunt the water only. Good Luck, and be safe...

LM
Screw looking for pocket change in 'parks'. Maryland has some of the earliest European habitation in the entire United States. You are in one of the best places for MD'ing historic relics.
Actually there is more then pocket change at these parks. I know a husband/wife who hunts the parks and schools and live in Laurel that have 5 gold rings for the year 2014.

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love hunting out east. Specifically in the Maryland, Virginia, W. Virginia area. So much history. When I'm there on business I pack my MD and knock on doors for hunting opportunities. I do get turned down but I have had some very generous people as well who say "just show me what you find". flat buttons, CV bullets, etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread