Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Update

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2011
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by austin

Yeah, you're full of something being an OU fan. See you in Dallas for OU weekend, or do you folks call it "eat a fried twinkie at the fair, then get our butts kicked weekend"? Oh wait, I forgot, I'm almost 65 and they won't let me out of the nursing home to go anywhere anymore. Well, except when we get taken out to Luby's Cafeteria for jello and strained peas...
    You're obviously not intelligent in the history are are you??

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1323 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    You're obviously not intelligent in the history are are you??
    Actually, I just practice what we in Texas call "selective recall". Using a mathematical function we determine that based on a curve when we beat Oklahoma once every 15 years, that counts for a majority win situation. Actually, we have never lost a game to you. If there had been more time, if the refs hadn't cheated, if Switzer hadn't bought Trans-Ams for all the Texans he recruited illegally and if the scoreboard guy hadn't been bribed to shave points when nobody was looking we would be undefeated. How can you argue with that? "Jesus" Jack Mildren, Steve Owens, Thomas Lott, Greg Pruitt, Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Elvis Peacock, Adrian Peterson should all have been investigated by the government because I know they were all aliens from outer space who were kept locked up all week and fed gunpowder and then turned loose on Saturday. "Selective recall". We call them as we'd like to see them.

Aug 2011
    35 times

Actually, I just practice what we in Texas call "selective recall". Using a mathematical function we determine that based on a curve when we beat Oklahoma once every 15 years, that counts for a majority win situation. Actually, we have never lost a game to you. If there had been more time, if the refs hadn't cheated, if Switzer hadn't bought Trans-Ams for all the Texans he recruited illegally and if the scoreboard guy hadn't been bribed to shave points when nobody was looking we would be undefeated. How can you argue with that? "Jesus" Jack Mildren, Steve Owens, Thomas Lott, Greg Pruitt, Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Elvis Peacock, Adrian Peterson should all have been investigated by the government because I know they were all aliens from outer space who were kept locked up all week and fed gunpowder and then turned loose on Saturday. "Selective recall". We call them as we'd like to see them.
    I'm very familiar with selective recall. I use it with the ex's

us
    Oct 2011
    penn state
    ace 150, flea market digger
    355 times
    forgot to ask how was the honey moon with said new dectector

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1323 times
    iCandy- A teacher in Oklahoma was going to have career day and asked each student to get up and tell what their dad or mom did for a living. Bobby got up and stated that his dad was a fireman that saved people's lives and made your houses and neighborhoods safer. Mary then got up and said that her mom was a police officer who served and protected, let you sleep well because she caught the bad guys and even rescued cats. Then Johnny got up and stated that his father was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. The teacher was shocked and put the students on another task. She called Johnny to her desk and asked if it was true that his dad was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. Johnny replied, " No, he really is a football coach at the University of Oklahoma and I'm just too ashamed to tell anyone about it". Hook-em-Horns...
    Mzjavert likes this.

Aug 2011
    35 times
    iCandy- A teacher in Oklahoma was going to have career day and asked each student to get up and tell what their dad or mom did for a living. Bobby got up and stated that his dad was a fireman that saved people's lives and made your houses and neighborhoods safer. Mary then got up and said that her mom was a police officer who served and protected, let you sleep well because she caught the bad guys and even rescued cats. Then Johnny got up and stated that his father was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. The teacher was shocked and put the students on another task. She called Johnny to her desk and asked if it was true that his dad was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. Johnny replied, " No, he really is a football coach at the University of Oklahoma and I'm just too ashamed to tell anyone about it". Hook-em-Horns...
    HARDEE HAR HAR 👉👌

Sep 2012
    98 times
    This is no joke.I would take my psychotic so called friend that's on about nine different pills to get out detecting and he would bring his dog,a big black labrador retriever,and every time i got a signal and i would start to dig babe would start digging in the exact spot!.I had to force and push the dog out of the way :-!

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritRelic View Post
    This is no joke.I would take my psychotic so called friend that's on about nine different pills to get out detecting and he would bring his dog,a big black labrador retriever,and every time i got a signal and i would start to dig babe would start digging in the exact spot!.I had to force and push the dog out of the way :-!

Wait a minute. Buy a 6 pack of really good beer(I recommend Moose Drool from Misssoula), grab a beach chair, then detect until you get the signal. Pick up the shovel, show it to the dog, dig one time, sit down, have a beer and let the dog do all the work. You'll really enjoy detecting a lot more, the dog works cheap and your friend will be so stoned he'll never notice.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1341 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    In the Welfare Dept. I had to use a mental detector!
    .....?....
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Aug 2006
    Middle of Kansas
    94 times
    The thing about pull tabs (and beer cans) is that they will NEVER go away. All those pesky nails will eventually rust away, but pull tabs are forever.

The old beaver tail tabs went away in the 70's. If you rinse the dirt off, they look as good as the day they were dropped

Sep 2012
    98 times
    It was a large group of metal detectorist that came together to put a stop to the old ring pull stye tabs and signed petitions to have the tabs designed to stay on the can.And there you go.Can i have a kiss.

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy

Have you ever thought about the whole pull tab thing? I mean really? Why in the swell do people take them off?? It's such a mystery to me...
    Big noses, easier to drink the beer without it bumping their nose?

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    718 times
    tectin crap
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I'm very familiar with selective recall. I use it with the ex's
    I can vouch for that
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3