Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am an avid treasure hunter. Mostly arrowheads, and crystals. Latly, it's silver in coin rolls.

Finally got something worthwhile out of the dirt with my Garrett 150.

I was in Lake Chelan this weekend, and since I Am a nerd, a hit up a couple parks. I really wanted to hunt some homestead sites, but I was too wussy to ask permission.

Anyways, the signal I got got was loud, solid, and repeatable. A 5 inch plug in very soft ground, and out she popped. 5 grams of 925, and a 750 marked bevel with a small diamond. I am still very pleased with my first dug treasure.

Now, what detector do I upgrade to??? I want a pin pointer first. We'll see.

Upvote 0

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going many more things will come out of the ground I still have my first silver and gold rings I found detecting everything after those have been sold for my detecting fund. LOL HH , enjoy

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on your upgrade I guess if you want an all around machine maybe go to a Tesoro they are deep machines..n Research is the key to finding the right machine for yourself and ask alot of questions on here also

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below is the photo at time of digging.

I have since got myself a Pro Pointer. Really a nice tool.

I am going to give my garrett 150 some more time. I am scoping out older parts of Seattle, and just giving it a whack. Also, seeking permission to hunt older Victorian homes in the area, as well my friends homes.

I have urges to upgrade to the Etrac - I am a technical person, and not afraid of the learning curve. But the 1000+ used pricetag deters me. I will probably get something in the 400 dollar range, but not for another couple months. I think with the pin pointer, and the 150, I'll be able to find many targets.

Thanks again Treasurenet People!

ring.jpg

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the ace 150. I keep wanting to upgrade too but my machine just keeps on finding me goodies. My 3 favorite coins so far...1797 draped bust large cent, 1893 barber dime, and today I got a 1859 3 cent piece. The ace 150 does find metal very well but it is a damn liar. The dime and 3 cent coin rang loud and proud on pull tab. The large cent bounced between iron and coin. And gold chimes in on pull tab.(have'nt found any but tested with wifes jewlery. Makes me want to kick my own butt from all the ''pull tabs'' I passed over before I learned. Dont give up on yours, you will find cool stuff!

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, - yeah, the pin pointer was a good compromise.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gents,

Just a heads up insofar as upgrading goes....lots of targets we get our coil over are all over the map regardless of the caliber of the machine we use....gold rings quite often are in the pulltab range, modern clad which is crappy metal for the most part jumps all over, etc....going higher end won't avoid digging the garbage to find the goodies....you get a few more bells and whistles and maybe a tad more depth....something to keep in mind going forward.

Regards + HH

Bill

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats good advice bill. Ive asked about upgrades here myself and the majority of folks say the same. I think the best thing for me is to just upgrade the coil to get a wee bit deeper. Its less than a hundred bucks and i really do like my 150. It definitly finds the metal, its just up to me whether i dig it up. Pull tabs my azz.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently upgraded from a delta 4000 and fisher F4 to an Omega 8000,F4 hardly ever gets used so i cant give a fair opinion of it,But as bill stated above in post 7,the most you get for the extra money is more depth and a few extra bells and whistles.The omega seperates targets better than the delta but im convinced the delta could find most of the targets that the omega can find,The omega just has a better/more stable TID than the delta,the main difference is the depth.The omega can find dimes at 7 inchs without any problems and most likely deeper than that if i can get my coil over them,The delta can get 7 deep but the signal is a guessing game on whether or not you want to dig it up. I agree with what most others have already posted, do a little research and decide what features you need for your style of hunting and the types of things you hope to find with a new machine. Contact Tom at Miller MDZ on the homepage and let him know what you are looking for/need,He can answer all your questions and work you up a great deal,He is a one stop shop for metal detecting supplies and a big help after your purchase with any questions you may have about learning your new machine. Good Luck With the 150 or whatever detector you go to next,Thanks for sharing the ring and i hope you find many more.

HH John

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Adam,

Try returning to some of your picked over spots....go slow and do the overlaps or what we call gridding...you'd be surprised at the targets we miss.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thats good advice bill. Ive asked about upgrades here myself and the majority of folks say the same. I think the best thing for me is to just upgrade the coil to get a wee bit deeper. Its less than a hundred bucks and i really do like my 150. It definitly finds the metal, its just up to me whether i dig it up. Pull tabs my azz.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all te sagly words.

I'll snap photos of any silver or neat stuff I find. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread