dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea and u ask people who George carlin was and most dnt know cuz he sucked at stand up.

The person who started this topic asked for opinions, I stated mine and some got up in arms about. Big deal get over, how I do things dnt affect u. Last I checked we lived in the good old USA so I'm pretty sure I can detect how I want so get over it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
th
nasty little buggers who live in the ground and bite right thru your clothing. Bad year for them, at least for us. Aggressive and territorial.
.......... You know some of those buggers got a hold of me this summer...... Man did i hurt after they got done with me.......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people all acted and thought the same way it would be pretty boring...I aint mad at ya.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea and u ask people who George carlin was and most dnt know cuz he sucked at stand up.

The person who started this topic asked for opinions, I stated mine and some got up in arms about. Big deal get over, how I do things dnt affect u. Last I checked we lived in the good old USA so I'm pretty sure I can detect how I want so get over it.
George Carlin sucked at stand up?...now youve lost all credibility.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......... You know some of those buggers got a hold of me this summer...... Man did i hurt after they got done with me.......
I see why they would be called meat bees...they get on deer and fish when Im trying to clean them...I call them yellow jackets.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
If people all acted and thought the same way it would be pretty boring...I aint mad at ya.

You're right lookindown! .. As my Grandpa use to say .. "It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round!"

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dHolland, it is OK to not go out of your way to return a item and not feel bad about it. We do this hobby for the fun of just finding stuff and not having to worry if the item belongs to someone else. It is in our possession now and if I know the owner they will get it back without any bad feelings on my part. I hand out business cards to the lifeguards to give to people that lose things and have them put their name on the back of the card in case there is a reward offered, the life guard gets half. I am interested in the hunt and after I find something I am off to find something else. Without that card the lifeguard handed out, I wouldn't know there was something to find at that place.

TCAWarriors

Apr 7, 2012
East Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
nasty little buggers who live in the ground and bite right thru your clothing. Bad year for them, at least for us. Aggressive and territorial.

Well there you go, learn something new every day never heard a yellow jacket called a meat bee before.

Thanks for the education.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, what you do as a detectorist DOES reflect on the rest of us. Just try leaving holes in your local park and you'll see what I mean. If people equate negative activity with metal detecting, I tars all of us with the same brush. Keeping what you find to yourself won't do that so I don't think it will have any profound negative effect but declaring it publically might. Most of us will just keep hoping that you will see the light and enjoy the benefits of making others happy.

k5koy

Oct 29, 2012
I have found 3 class rings in my career with enough info present to track down the owners. 1 was at Texas Tech University. He was so happy to get it back that he paid me double what I could have scrapped it for. And not just at a gold exchange, Im in the jewelry business, and that was double the refinery price! Second one ended up an accountant, who has done a really great job with my taxes for the past 5 years, free of charge. The third one gave me $100 and a very special, lifelong friendship.
I say find em if you can...

Koy-Dallas, Tx. Garrett Ace250, Garrett Pro Pointer

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! I've found and returned at least 20 rings, a couple of pendants, and several phones and cameras and wouldn't have it any other way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions