Did you(females) or your wife (males) MD while pregnant?

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
My humble little BH Tracker IV. Since I dig absolutely everything (electric lines running to my garage included) I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Doing my research first.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it we should first say congratulations? I can't imagine detecting in itself could harm a pregnancy, but I would suggest wearing gloves when you dig. And of course when you can no longer see the ground, let alone reach it to dig, it is definitely time to give up until the baby comes.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:congrats,and I second motion what Susan said,,HH:hello:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if you are taking your iron pills.

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitly wear gloves. I have 7 kiddos and during all pregnancys the doctors all gave warnings about cats(mainly cat poop). Theres a certain bacteria in it that can cause genetic harm to your sweety sweet baby. Assume all of your targets are under cat poo and remember that no treasure in the ground is more valuable than the one in your belly. Also if you have cats have someone else clean the litter box. Congrats on your babe.

OP
OP
oposs

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
My humble little BH Tracker IV. Since I dig absolutely everything (electric lines running to my garage included) I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Doing my research first.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all! I didn't even think about the cat poo. I can't believe I forgot about that! I'm 14 1/2 weeks with my 3rd child and I've noticed that the hard part is squatting to dig. I would just sit but maternity pants are expensive and I don't want to stain them! Lol Tough life I live. I don't think I'll be in the game much longer anyway. My belly is already as big as I was at 25 weeks with my first two babies! I also sort my copper pennies in my living room using my detector...will having the coil close to my body hurt my lil treasure?

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
My wife detected right up until she had the baby. We worked as a team though, she would run the metal detector and I would dig and recover. Its a fun way to spend time together.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on babe #3!

Yup, maternity pants are expensive. If you can continue to dig, I suggest wearing construction type knee pads. I wear gel ones from Harbor Freight ($10). Besides keeping your knees dry and clean, the gel cushions your knees making it more comfortable.

I agree with everyone else. Wear gloves all the time when you dig (not just when you're pregnant), you never know what's in the dirt - sharp things, etc. I am sure your doc has warned you about cleaning the cat box.

Again, congrats!

HH,
Anita

P.S. Check out the group, "The Women of TreasureNet". See you there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread