Upvote 0

DirtAngler

Jun 18, 2011
SE Pa
Detector(s) used
MX5, M6, GPP, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're like most of us, there's always going to be the uncertainty of did you make the right choice. Actually I think as long as the detector choices match up, you won't be making too bad of a decision no matter which way you go. Don't know which Minelab you are considering but the AT Pro won't get be far behind it in functionality. Just maybe not as many bells and whistles and sometimes they just help you make the incorrect decision on a target. GL.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are good detectors, but a AT Pro is NOT a Minelab and vise-a-versa. I have both the AT Pro and the Minelab CTX3030. The AT Pro is easy to learn and easy to use. The Minelab CTX3030 (like an E-trac) have a much steeper learning curve. If you get a Minelab (they make top of the line machines) be prepared to invest much more time (and some frustration) in learning the machine. I am still learning my Minelab CTX but it; like an E-trac are fantastic machines if; again IF you take the time to learn them. If you lack patience or a willingness to start from scratch learning a whole new language (Fe/Co; bins, programs, modes etc) get something you can handle. Also look at the manufacturers web site and download a copy of the manual (for whatever machine you are considering). This might help you decide your level of commitment to learning a new machine.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lookin at a minelab safari. Just bc I've been hunting with a guy that uses one and has been ripping silver like crazy. The water proof of the at pro is really calling me lol

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lookin at a minelab safari. Just bc I've been hunting with a guy that uses one and has been ripping silver like crazy. The water proof of the at pro is really calling me lol

Your last sentence is why I made my choice of an AT Pro & if I had to do it again it would still be an AT Pro...I am very satisfied with it....& now if it rains I still detect!

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
Your last sentence is why I made my choice of an AT Pro & if I had to do it again it would still be an AT Pro...I am very satisfied with it....& now if it rains I still detect!

Ad much rain as I get living in PA anymore lol plus I can pick a nice used at pro up for a good price.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the at pro and an etrac, the at pro is such a user friendly machine! About 75% of the time I pull out the pro first and work an area with it, but I have found deeper targets with the etrac that I missed with the pro, but I do like the back lit screen and rechargeable battery pack of the etrac.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread