Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Indiana here.... I'd be out hunting today if I wasn't sick with the flu already. Well I take that back I would have gone to work rather than set here gleaning treasure net reading the post and watching the videos to feed my growing addiction.

Does "Metal Detecting Fever" come with a soar throat, stopped up sinuses, and an actual fever? Maybe I don't have the flu.

But as soon as I'm better I'm sure the weather will be worse... and I can return to the great outdoors and find another bug.

DeepThought - I prefer the cold over those 100 plus degree days with the 90 plus humidity we seemed to have half the summer.

darkwing_66

Jul 10, 2010
northern alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer2 tesoro tejon
hey deep
im in northern al, i love to hunt in the fall, winter and spring!! its the best time. it just gets to hot here in the summer to hunt much, by the time it gets cool most of the fields are empty of crops. theres no ticks, they are bad in summer here. THEY SUCK lol... get out there when its cool youll understand why most hunters here dont like to hunt in summer. have a good one dennis

OP
OP
D

DeepThought

Dennis

how do you like you're tesoro to your minelab? I'll be looking for a new MD & have been doing a lot of research on the practicality of each. if VDI's are running 60% accurate and we "dig all" most of the time, then where is the added value? The Tesoros seem like DEEP, hard-core performers. Thoughts?

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in the u.p of Michigan, and its 6 degrees out right now, yes i feel your pain but you gotta do what you gotta do, the leader of my metal detecting club will go out for an hour or so with a chisel and hammer and dig signals and i think i might do the same this year, if the soil doesn't have a foot of frost over it than its detectable ;)

BottleCapBandit

Nov 18, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Ace350 Outlaw Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to buy a cortes but I had to go with the vaquero and a jack hammer to get me through the WI winter months.:laughing7:

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried a treasure hunting trip to South America or Australia while it's winter here? Since their seasons are opposite.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's an option if you are retired and can go where you want. The Slabs in southern Cal. near Niland. Free camping on over 2000ac. During the winter it is about70 every day and about 55 at night. Kind of a scrubby desert area at the base of the Chocolate Mts. And there is GOLD in this area. I have spent several pleasant visits there and come away with GOLD. Frank

Attachments

• 111 -120-Poppy.jpg
    111 -120-Poppy.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
D

DeepThought

one summer later, I get it. Winter is the time to go. Temperatures are manageable with some extra layers & you basically have the park to yourself. I'm a regular kid magnet...they drop out of the trees as soon as I drop my coil, with a million questions <s>. It's official.....I have become that old fart...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions