PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's worth it. Used mine in the partially frozen ground today, no problems at all.

HH,

Pete

OP
OP
E

eastkydigger.92

Jul 19, 2012
Will be here in 3-5 business days can't wait to get it so I can actually have a digging tool with a holster!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a Lesche tool is some parks can get you a stiff fine. For instance the county parks around here after one guy dug holes but left the clod on top of the grass wrong side up. After he was approached and told the correct way by a park worker, the Th'er blew him the bird and that got a call to the deputy which wrote the ticket. Now no digging tools are allowed. At least I was able to keep the parks open.:coffee2:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strong tool and sharp so keep you pinky's out of the way, should last you for a very long time!

As Sandman has indicated the importance of filling holes and making everything look like it did before we dug is Soooooo important. I do not know what I would do if MDing was outlawed as it is supposed to be on the top of my list of things to do when I retire, whenever that might be.............63bkpkr

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I rarely use my lesch unless I am in a maybe a gravel parking lot. For the most part the plug you cut is raggy and more often than not you need to dig a hole much larger than you need. They may work well in the desert where the soil is rock and sand but the holes they leave in a park make it very hard to cover up and look like you never been there. I like to cut nice neat 3 sided rectangular pieces of sod and lay it back then dig nice rectangular hole to find my coin or whatever then fill the hole and flip the sod back stomp it down with my foot and you can't tell I been there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Waiting on a lesche here too.
Detectorist leaving holes unfilled,glad i missed it. I let others hunt how they will but have told one to fill his holes and then i insisted he do so when his excuse was we were in the woods.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a Lesche tool is some parks can get you a stiff fine. For instance the county parks around here after one guy dug holes but left the clod on top of the grass wrong side up. After he was approached and told the correct way by a park worker, the Th'er blew him the bird and that got a call to the deputy which wrote the ticket. Now no digging tools are allowed. At least I was able to keep the parks open.:coffee2:
There they go blaming the tool again instead of blaming the "Tool" using it. I'm glad they cited the knucklehead, hope it was a BIG fine and 6 months of community service policing the park. Why do they insist on punishing those of us who use the tool correctly? I guess I just don't understand that rationale.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new equipment, I need to order an actual digger as well.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cudamark,
It is the classic situation of what is the simplest, read that as least expensive and least time consuming, thing for "THEM" to do in order to controll "US" and the answer is take it away from everybody. No extra hours for an officer to patrol the parks looking for people NOT filling holes, if they see anyone detecting they just ticket them or arrest them, impound equipment/tools and let the judge sort it out. All of us loose with this kind of thinking BUT IF some detectorists just filled their holes none of us would have a problem. So why do people not fill holes? Why do people throw trash around? Why do people wreck things? It is a shame that the ones doing this do not care about life enough to treat it with care and honor it. IMHO.
...........63bkpkr

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just seems to me that a $5000 fine for vandalism would be a better option. The city would make more money, the idiot digger would not do it again, the metal detector shops could still sell detectors, and the hobbyist is happy. Everyone except the vandal wins. The way they did it, nobody wins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread