sunray probe install

blueboy

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one from sunray,it came with the upper shaft and switch box, pointer, harness connectors, all ready assembled.
don't know about yours, but this is how mine arrived and went together. no problems...good luck...

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
installation is very easy...even a congressman could do it!

On my DFX..."box" part just clips on behind the twist tensioner on the upper rod, and the holding clamp for the actual probe screws into one of the adjustment holes a few inches further down the rod(not sure if there are supposed to be 2 clamps or 1, as I bought mine used)

The coil connector plugs into the box, and the short cable from the box plugs into your detector. Install takes 15 min or less.

2 usage tips to pass along... I've seen MANY comments about people forgetting to throw the little toggle switch back to "coil/hunt" position after they are done probing(box is plainly marked with positions for probe & coil) but it does seem easy to forget, especially after the excitement of of a nice find.

2nd...I didn't figure this out right away, when using the probe to pinpoint, you must activate pinpoint on your machine. Mine is a toggle. The probe is actually a miniature coil and behaves as such. I've seen some posts where people have used it as a coil rather than a pinpointer in very trashy areas with shallow targets or to get really close to say fences or bleachers etc.

The first couple times I tried it, I was more confused than impressed with its ability to pinpoint. After I figured out my mistake, I am very impressed.

Good luck and HH

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone intsalled them there selfs? If so what did u do thanks

Just wondering who did you buy your sunray from?...If you don't mind me asking, how much?...

If you don't want to post it on here, could you PM me...thanks man...I was really looking into them and wanted to shop around...I guess from what I've been reading...you should get already attached to a post for easier install.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may want to check youtube...to see how to install one...I didn't check to see if there is a video or not...but you could try it.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
installation is very easy...even a congressman could do it!

On my DFX..."box" part just clips on behind the twist tensioner on the upper rod, and the holding clamp for the actual probe screws into one of the adjustment holes a few inches further down the rod(not sure if there are supposed to be 2 clamps or 1, as I bought mine used)

The coil connector plugs into the box, and the short cable from the box plugs into your detector. Install takes 15 min or less.

2 usage tips to pass along... I've seen MANY comments about people forgetting to throw the little toggle switch back to "coil/hunt" position after they are done probing(box is plainly marked with positions for probe & coil) but it does seem easy to forget, especially after the excitement of of a nice find.

2nd...I didn't figure this out right away, when using the probe to pinpoint, you must activate pinpoint on your machine. Mine is a toggle. The probe is actually a miniature coil and behaves as such. I've seen some posts where people have used it as a coil rather than a pinpointer in very trashy areas with shallow targets or to get really close to say fences or bleachers etc.

The first couple times I tried it, I was more confused than impressed with its ability to pinpoint. After I figured out my mistake, I am very impressed.

Good luck and HH

I have forgotten to switch back to coil several times,go back and start the search all over!:BangHead:

InsearchOfGold

Feb 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX..XLT..6000 Di Pro, V3i, MxSport
Just bought one for my DFX. Can't wait to give it a try. I also have a vibraprobe to use as a backup.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread