Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pros and Cons At Pro vs GTI 1500

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro,/w 8.5x11DD & 5x8DD and 4.5 Super Sniper coils. Grey Ghost Amphibian Headphones. Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche, and an 18" mini-Samson digging tools
    654 times
    Metal Detecting

Pros and Cons At Pro vs GTI 1500

At Pro or Gti seris Which one for fresh water beaches, parks, old home sites, not intrested in going underwater, farther than the coil. Already researching my up grade from Ace 350. Pros and cons please
    I used to be a people person, but people wrecked that, for me!

us
    Nov 2011
    110 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My two cents here. I know nothing about the 1500 and I've never used the At Pro. I have an AT Gold. The AT Pro is a newer design than the 1500.That alone should be the deciding factor. I can't recall but some models are going to be discontinued. If you think you are saving by getting an older model, you aren't thinking clearly. Get the best one you can afford, even pay more than that. The At Pro is the number one selling detector for good reasons. One good find in the lifetime of the detector will make up the difference. Okay, maybe that was three cents.
    Normsel likes this.
    Where your heart is, there you will find your treasure.

O God of compassion, You alone can justify me and Your will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if he were the greatest sinner. For Your Son assured me: Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy fail to embrace a trusting soul.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro,/w 8.5x11DD & 5x8DD and 4.5 Super Sniper coils. Grey Ghost Amphibian Headphones. Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche, and an 18" mini-Samson digging tools
    654 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks signal line, and three cents is good. This 350 is all I know, and I am sure I am going to lose it to my 14 year grandson soon! Everything I have read confirms what you said pretty much

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro
    407 times
    The GTI1500 was discontinued last year. The At Pro is an easy transition from the Ace 350.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
    cooper1841 and Normsel like this.

Jan 2013
    Delano, MN
    Ace 250, AT-Pro
    18 times
    All I know is that one of the reasons that I upgraded from the ACE 250 to the AT Pro is because I got sick of having a baggy on the electronics whenever I detected in the mist, drizzle, and wave spray or when I needed to set it down on the wet dew or rain soaked ground.
    Normsel likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1410 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    I will say that i have run the 1500 for about 10 years ... And i really liked it... I sold it and got the AT Pro .... But i think i liked the 1500 better..... Newest and latest are not always the best....Garrett give up on the 1500... And Minelab give up on the Sovereign...... An they are both better than there newest models.......
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where .."

Jan 2013
    Delano, MN
    Ace 250, AT-Pro
    18 times
    Keppy, neither are as good as your icon/avatar.
    Keppy likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbells View Post
    Keppy, neither are as good as your icon/avatar.
    .......***** ,,,,,.....******

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan
    654 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks Keppy, One went at an auction I was at, last week for $260, kinda wish I hung in there a little longer, Kinda leary paying that much for electronics, from a stranger...........let alone an auctioner, who said he thinks it works!

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1841 View Post
    Thanks Keppy, One went at an auction I was at, last week for $260, kinda wish I hung in there a little longer, Kinda leary paying that much for electronics, from a stranger...........let alone an auctioner, who said he thinks it works!
    Yes something like that would be bad if it did not work right........................ If it was messed up to bad by the time you paid for repairs it could be cheaper to buy a new one,,,,,,,,,,,... Unless you could try it out before it came up for bid.......
    cooper1841 likes this.

Feb 2013
    I had a 1500 a while back and I was very happy with it. Does anybody else have any info on how the atp and 1500 compare?

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    377 times
    Metal Detecting
    They are both good detectors, but with a different purpose in mind. The GTI 1500 has automatic ground balancing. Some people like that and some do not. The AT-Pro puts up with wet environments much better than the 1500. If I was working a dry place with normal ground I would go with the 1500. If I was working at beaches I would have the AT-Pro. On normal ground I think the 1500 goes a little deeper, but not so much as to be a major factor. I have found dimes at eleven inches with my 1500. I suggest you go to a site like Kellyco and use their comparison feature. That will show you the specs for each detector side by side.

It is very hard to say which machine is better until you know the soil and application. I think the 1500 is better at a few things, but the AT-Pro is better as an all around. You can take the Pro almost anywhere.
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan
    654 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have decided on an AT Pro, when the ground thaws out. Hope the grandson likes the new Ace 350, with DD and Sniper coils, with covers, and enviromental cover, for electronics. It only has about 20-30 hours on it. Wish I would have waited and got the Pro, but now I will have a hunting buddy!

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    377 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1841 View Post
    I have decided on an AT Pro, when the ground thaws out. Hope the grandson likes the new Ace 350, with DD and Sniper coils, with covers, and enviromental cover, for electronics. It only has about 20-30 hours on it. Wish I would have waited and got the Pro, but now I will have a hunting buddy!
    Hunting with a grandchild is really Grand!
    cooper1841 likes this.
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

us
    Apr 2012
    Houston, TX
    CTX 3030 Garrett Ace 350 Etrac AT Pro Compass XP Pro Whites 6000 DI Pro
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    I will say that i have run the 1500 for about 10 years ... And i really liked it... I sold it and got the AT Pro .... But i think i liked the 1500 better..... Newest and latest are not always the best....Garrett give up on the 1500... And Minelab give up on the Sovereign...... An they are both better than there newest models.......

Exactly. I just sold my Etrac I have been using for the past year and got the Ace 350 and have been finding more, just as deep and its MUCH easier to use. It has notch discrimination, VID, target depth, different tones for iron nickel and coins, good depth, why spend more? I spent the extra money on the Etrac thinking more money would get me a better detector, not true by a long shot.

My brother has had the GTI 2500 for over a decade and has a santa clause sack full of silver coins and goodies. Says the imaging feature is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links