Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O what is the difference between the lesche and predator diggers? I see everyone seems to sell the lesche but have only seen the predator on the predator web site.

Like I said, I've never used the Predator before. I'm sure that it's good but I quit looking after I bought the Lesche because It does everything I need it to. I bought the lesser known "left" Lesche which suits me better even though I'm right handed. :)

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my pinpointer and digger in the mail yesterday. STopped by max's house and he put a sweet edge on the digger (pretty dull right from the factory) and now it's ready to dig some plugs! Hope to do some dirt digging later this week. Glad I have them both now.

Got mine last week and I was wondering if an edge should be ground into it. As Doc say's, it is pretty dull. Did your friend sharpen both edges or just one? And did he do the serated parts as well? Thanks for the info, I'm a pretty clueless newbie :)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have their Gator. First the orange handle grip will come loose, no big deal. Also no big deal is bending theB blade back from a 45 degree angle after every half-dozen times out. I sure do miss my Lesche.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone glued the orange handle back on? Wodering if i should try and glue it back on or send it back since it has a lifetime warranty. Maybe send both back and ask for a lesche since they dont carry predator.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just pulled the trigger and ordered mine. Thanks for posting the deal. $117.45 for a Pro Pointer is the best I've seen. The digging tool is just an added bonus.

detectingMO

Nov 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Racer 2, Omega
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger is a little more concave than lesche and scoops better. smaller teeth cut roots better. Just need to sharpen it to give it a blade like edge like the lesche. Out of the box the lesche is better. Both sharpened the razor gator has an edge. Add small teeth to the lesche and it becomes the best. Can't beat the deal though. Closest I've seen, listed, is NED Pro Pointer and Lesche for $137.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectingMO said:
Digger is a little more concave than lesche and scoops better. smaller teeth cut roots better. Just need to sharpen it to give it a blade like edge like the lesche. Out of the box the lesche is better. Both sharpened the razor gator has an edge. Add small teeth to the lesche and it becomes the best. Can't beat the deal though. Closest I've seen, listed, is NED Pro Pointer and Lesche for $137.

Sharpen the digger where? The whole edge of it or just by the teeth? The teeth on mine dont look like they can cut, rwther they look like a cutting edge that was heavily painted.

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled the trigger and ordered mine. Thanks for posting the deal. $117.45 for a Pro Pointer is the best I've seen. The digging tool is just an added bonus.

Yup, I figured I needed the ProPointer and a digger so even if the Gator is less than expected I still got the Garrett for $117 delivered and that is a good deal. If the Gator fails I'll be buying a lesche or Predator....

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharpen the digger where? The whole edge of it or just by the teeth? The teeth on mine dont look like they can cut, rwther they look like a cutting edge that was heavily painted.

I asked the same thing but no response just yet from DocBeav??

mikeinnepa

Greenie
Feb 3, 2013
Lakevillepa
Detector(s) used
F4/garret propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many coupons can I use on an order? I just received a 10.00 dollar off from them,and if I remember there is a coupon for free shipping and the discount for the pp ?

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually it's just one coupon per order. However, since you're over $100 you should get free ground shipping. Then you can still get the $10 off.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST ORDERED THE PRO POINTER KIT $127.45 - $10.00 = $117.45 - PLUS FREE GROUND SHIPPING ----:occasion14:

Mountainrunner

Greenie
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered one last week and got the great deal! Digger is very good, but don't have a Lesche so I can't make a comparison for you. Tried out the pro pointer and I'm impressed. Saved me some time on some small targets. Was raining but found 2silver dimes (1rosie and 1 merc) and a Cub Scout sterling ring, 4 wheaties and some clad. Was trying to find the property owners wedding band lost several years ago but no luck yet. He has about 4acres for me to look at so just waiting for some cooperative weather and a DAY OFF from work. Also found 2 lead soldiers and a token for Douglas Aircraft Company Courtesy Parking Token. Pretty cool!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I can't see how you can beat that deal with the coupon. People should always do a Google on "coupons" for the things they are ready to buy. I just bought a coil from KCo's and discovered a coupon on-line which gave $10 off, so it basically paid for the shipping. Someone here suggested that free shipping was automatic if over $100. I only think that is true for a detector purchase, not accessories. If that's wrong, please correct me. martin

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For my Pro Pointer I got free shipping since it was over $100 - it must have counted as director not an accessory. Sorry for any confusion.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you guys tried talking to Bart at BigBoysHobbies? I have the pointer for that minus the digger of course. He normally tries to help out. I got my detector from KellyCo. Plus got the light saber pointer. Man what a joke. But they also sent me another cheap one as part of the package. Doesn't work as good as the pro pointer but it does work. Lol.
So the predator is made by the Lesche guy himself? Why doesn't anybody ever know about his predator digger. It seems he'd know which way to improve the original one. I'm sure there's patent stuff, but wouldn't he try to create a better one, since the lesche digger seems to be what everybody wants. Just curious, because if I'm going to spend 40 to dig a whole. I'd want it bulletproof. I've seen a sod cutter you can get for 20 work good here in az and he's been using it for a couple years now. Same one.

Lotek

Jan 30, 2013
Bainbridge Island, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is nice video comparison of both the original Lesche Digger and the Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger.

Last edited:

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is nice video comparison of both the original Lesche Digger and the Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger.

Thanks Lotek. Good comparison..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread