Jan 4, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
BH QD II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hellofa deal 117 shipped for Garrett Pin Pointer and Gator dig tool !!!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah! Just jumped on that deal too. Needed both and was holding out for a bit but that deal was just too good to pass up! Anyone used the digger that comes with this deal from kellyco? How does it compare to a Predator or Lesche digger?

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie and needed both items. Ordered the other day, got a call that the pro pointer is back ordered but should ship next week. Great deal when you consider the price they want for the digger alone....can't wait for spring arrrrgh!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, back ordered but should be here a few days later! Deal is still on!

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, back ordered but should be here a few days later! Deal is still on!

They e mailed me last night....order on the way DocBeav :)

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one. I actuall had one of each but ordered one through the special for my son. I have not used the digger much, only dug a few holes with it and it worked.
My son rinsed the dirt off it and the orange grip on the handle came off and a metal end insert fell out. I will let kellyco know, but probably just glue it back on.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my pinpointer and digger in the mail yesterday. STopped by max's house and he put a sweet edge on the digger (pretty dull right from the factory) and now it's ready to dig some plugs! Hope to do some dirt digging later this week. Glad I have them both now.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered one. I actuall had one of each but ordered one through the special for my son. I have not used the digger much, only dug a few holes with it and it worked.
My son rinsed the dirt off it and the orange grip on the handle came off and a metal end insert fell out. I will let kellyco know, but probably just glue it back on.
There Gator digger now is not made like the first ones they put out................. Like yours handle came off then some say they bent them in hard ground........ I got one of there Gator diggers about 33 years ago and the one i have from back then is almost impossible to break or bend.....They made them better back then.....But i really like that orange handle i left it in the woods a few times...... Then went back and found it ...... You could see it from a mile away while almost a mile......30 some years and i still use it...

Last edited:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah! Just jumped on that deal too. Needed both and was holding out for a bit but that deal was just too good to pass up! Anyone used the digger that comes with this deal from kellyco? How does it compare to a Predator or Lesche digger?

It's a decent tool, no doubt.. I never did use the ugly orange sheathe that came with it though.. I don't have it in front of me but I believe it's a little heavier that the Lesche and has more of a V shape to the blade. [I've since purchased a Lesche for the same price I paid for the Gator]... Now the Gator is for friends to use when they hunt with me... I've never used a Predator so I can't speak on that.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coupons I've used before are take10 and take5. My Pro Pointer and digger came in a couple days ago. Can't believe I've been detecting for almost a year without one. Been using el cheepo HF $16 one NOOOOO Comparison. Got permission to dig an old go cart track from back in the late 50s early 60s. My dad use to race there when I was a kid. Races held every weekend and I can remember a lot of people. They just leveled the old dirt track and farmed it last year. First time that ground has been touched in probably 40 to 50 years.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
It's a decent tool, no doubt.. I never did use the ugly orange sheathe that came with it though.. I don't have it in front of me but I believe it's a little heavier that the Lesche and has more of a V shape to the blade. [I've since purchased a Lesche for the same price I paid for the Gator]... Now the Gator is for friends to use when they hunt with me... I've never used a Predator so I can't speak on that.

O what is the difference between the lesche and predator diggers? I see everyone seems to sell the lesche but have only seen the predator on the predator web site.

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks the deal is still on just placed my order ships today.

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There Gator digger now is not made like the first ones they put out................. Like yours handle came off then some say they bent them in hard ground........ I got one of there Gator diggers about 33 years ago and the one i have from back then is almost impossible to break or bend.....They made them better back then.....But i really like that orange handle i left it in the woods a few times...... Then went back and found it ...... You could see it from a mile away while almost a mile......30 some years and i still use it...
Looking at it Kellyco makes two types that I can see the one with this sale is this one. Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors
and then this one. Kellyco Sawtooth Gator Digger 1500 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors
which one is the one that you have used for 33 years?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesche was originally with the company that makes the Lesche digger. He left and started Predator tools but the original company kept his name on the original tool. Some sort of legal deal I guess. Don't know the whole story but I'm sure someone here does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread