Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machine are you using?
The reason I ask is that it will determine WHERE on a beach one can hunt.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i have never used on in water but it is my understanding that they are waterproof.

I would go as far out as you can wade in known swim areas then. I say that because most beach hunters (that I have seen) play in the sand. I have only beach hunted from time to time.
Sorry, I wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the AT Pro.

There are a lot of beach hunters here and I am sure they will weigh in. But you have a great all around machine there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll probably have the play with adjustments to make it stable in the wet sand and water but it should work good in the dry sand.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the machine should do well, Can't get the unit underwater. I generally hunt the high sand, looking for old stuff and have done pretty well. A friend goes in the water but we're in the mid Atlantic and I won't be in the water until later this year. Some people look for "holes" in the water stuff congregates in.

OP
OP
Ky Red

Ky Red

Feb 27, 2013
You can take the At pro up to 10 feet under water. I'm not going to dive with it though. I'm going to try the dry sand and might get out to waist deep. Which do you think would be better? I'm going to get out early before the family gets up. I'm planning on getting up at sunrise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread