mikeinnepa

Greenie
Feb 3, 2013
Lakevillepa
Detector(s) used
F4/garret propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is just down the road and actually lived across from it when I was young. It closed in the early 70's and I used to play in it with another kid that also lived next to it. I have about three hours into it and it is the perfect place for this nubie to learn. It is a pulltab mine field. I have the f4 set to discrm. Out iron and the tabs otherwise I can't go 5 feet.

Been looking for the firepits and then looking where people might sit or stand around it. Also looking around large rocks where people might have sat. Some of the sites are easy to spot, small saplings popped up in some, and in one part looks like logging tore it up and site spots are not evident.

I have found. A handful of pennies dated between 68 and 72' two dimes ,a toy helicopter one matchbox car and one hot wheel.and also another due cast that looks like a monopoly car only bigger.

I thought I would find some silver quarters and dimes given the time period the campground was open .but no luck yet. Actually no nickels or quarters at all.

Unfortunately the pert where the store,restaurant ,pool and playground was on is owned by people that I don't want to deal with.

Lots of trash at campground , buried grill grates , but still fun.!

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting!

On the F4, if you disriminate out the pull tabs, does that also discriminate gold?

OP
OP
mikeinnepa

mikeinnepa

Greenie
Feb 3, 2013
Lakevillepa
Detector(s) used
F4/garret propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe me disc out the iron may scew me for the gold rings, nickels may be missed with pull tab dished out,although there are two pulltab settings that I can notch.i am still new to this mding, don't have a lot of free time,so when I get there i try different thing to see how it the f4 will repond. But the crap that is buried will keep you digging forever

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions