DD 1400 coil,anybody own one???

Cfm

Jan 15, 2005
Kellco had them as part of a kit last week... I got the coil and bag for storing detector and earphones along with a couple other things for $99.00, I don't know if they are still running that special though... I haven't tried it as of yet, but I may tomorrow at the beach.. Its supposed to warm up to 30 :) Its been in single digits around here and I don't go outside unless I need to. :)

F

Fredneck

Buy it , it increases depth for sure. Pinpointing will take a little time to get used too. Only probs i've had has been it acts erratically around fiber optic, and electrical interference in some area's, but can be handled with adjustments.It is a little heavy, some using str8 rod. I bought it it for field hunting and CW hut hunting and its success has now got me leaving it on full time.Hope this helps.
HH Dave in VA.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I got the Excelerator 14" coil for my MXT from Kellyco. Is that the same one your talking about?
If it is ..or even if it isn't, I'd like to know basically the same thing. I havn't used it yet, but on the box it does say that you may loose some sensitivity on smaller coins. It also says it's recomended to use the relic mode with it. Anyway hope I did'nt get ripped off.

K

Kent in ca.

Yes i have one on my mxt, only have used it a few times, it seems to work good. can really cover some ground,it does get a little heavy, also have the 950 and the 3x5 nugget shooter. ready for any thing,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread